iPhone app icon colours

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
mercalia

Re: iPhone app icon colours

Post by mercalia »

I have never understod this icon thing, put forward as some thing progressive, advanced

when I look at them dont have a clue what most mean. Why not just have the mandatory words under them duh. Can you turn the words off by the way. It seems they iphone meant for the simple of mind cant learn what the icons mean? Windows phone dont have those words I wonder why
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I've just been diagnosed as needing stronger specs and I'm going to collect the new ones this week.

Even so, using specs to the previous prescription, I can easily differentiate between all those icons clearly and read the lettering underneath them which is on my ageing 5C.

Perhaps a visit to Specsavers would be in order.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

You can effectively change icon colours (and lots else) in iOS 14.
Oh Nooooooh... as if my life isn't jam-packed full of too many options already!! :wink:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

simonineaston wrote:
You can effectively change icon colours (and lots else) in iOS 14.

Oh Nooooooh... as if my life isn't jam-packed full of too many options already!! :wink:

It's a long since I've heard "productivity enhancer" used other than ironically...

Jonathan

PS: Anyone else with fond memories of ResEdit?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

TC.
I can see clearly. No issue with reading and seeing the icons or words. I could even do it without my prescription (recent) glasses on.
It's rushing and not paying attention that I suffer from.
Both icons are the same colour of green with a white logo, and the way I have the layout, they are next to each other.

JDSK.
Widgetsmith doesn't do it.
It'll change the widget sizes that they provide etc, but not the installed default Apple app icon colours.

............... or am I missing a trick here?

Why can't I turn this
IMG_0188.PNG
IMG_0188.PNG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 257 times
into this ........ for instance?
IMG_0188.PNG
IMG_0188.PNG (31.41 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Mick F. Cornwall