bafang spares

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
willcee

bafang spares

Post by willcee »

Hemo et all.. anyone know where i can source locally in the UK spares for BSOB2 mid motor.. have a rythmic soft noise on pedal rotation not harsh or sqeaky..seems to come and go.. about 2.5 k on motor and its still going very well otherwise.. would strip and looksee and replace the known wear points.. anyone.. will
kwackers

Re: bafang spares

Post by kwackers »

2.5k is nothing, mine had 30k on it before I stopped using it.
I doubt there's any wear in there at that.

I did have a noise that I think sounded similar, in my case it was just a dry oil seal (on the crank iirc). A quick wipe with grease on the lip fixed it.
Took about half an hour, just removed the side cover of the motor (still on the bike) checked everything was greased up, spread the grease around a bit and put it all back together and it was fine after that.
(There's a nylon pinion that requires a bit more stripping but from what you're saying it won't be that)

Not sure about spares in the UK, obviously there's eBay and various online sellers.
Trikesnbikes

Post by Trikesnbikes »

Brighton ebikes carry some Bafang spares and provide fast service (I have no connection other than as a customer).
hemo

Post by hemo »

One obvious place to look is the drive side cover on the final drive, clean out if need be and repack with aeroshell 22 or equivalent grease.
willcee

Post by willcee »

OK. none of the usual culprits were at issue in any manner.. the issue was caused by the loose fit of the rotor shaft fit in the motor casing.. the chap who found the problem is an experienced electrics electronics mechanic and reckoned Bafang had done this to save them assembly time.. in each other case he had experience of the outer edge bearing fit in the casing is interference with the rotor fit in the inner part of the same bearing being engineer fit therefore usually needing a puller..he had tried to remove this bearing and gave up before the casing shattered... he said that his opinion was they saved assembly time.. he cleaned everything, and used loctite bearing fit let it stand the 24hrs recommended, put it together and retested it .. in his words ''it was like a mouse chewing paper will''.. he bought it as well....happy camper...will