Lucky cyclist on Lambeth Bridge.

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Marcus Aurelius

Lucky cyclist on Lambeth Bridge.

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

This is a video of a complete idiot losing control of his Ferrari, driving over Lambeth bridge. Watch the cyclist coming over the bridge on the opposite carriageway :shock: Given there’s a lockdown on, that driver had better hope his journey was ‘essential’ or he’s going to be out of pocket by a few quid.

https://www.blick.ch/news/ausland/30000 ... 66938.html
Bonefishblues

Re: Lucky cyclist on Lambeth Bridge.

Post by Bonefishblues »

I saw that footage before lockdown, so that's one thing that the idiot driver won't face.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

Crikey, that must have been frightening for the cyclist. Lockdown 'essential or otherwise' journeys are still covered by insurance says ABI. Will still cost the idiot a pretty penny for his repairs though :lol:
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

This is the kind of incident that should result in mandatory driving bans, and not for something short like 12 months either. He clearly lacks both maturity and ability, safer for him to not be in charge of such equipment until he grows up a bit.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

what on earth is going on there? I cant make out the why of it. did he mistake his antoclockwise for clockwise etc puzzled. I dont think the cyclist had the fright of his life as he was well past the car. was the driver drunk? can any one tell the story behind this?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

I suspect that the driver put too much power through the driven wheels and lost the tail. There might have been a gear shift just before.

The Daily Mail suggests that the driver had switched off the traction control:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8885917/Ferrari-driver-speeds-London-bridge-spins-wildly-control-smashing-wall.html

(It's mid/front-engined and rear wheel drive.)

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Ferrari steering wheels have a 'manettino' dial switch which has a variety of modes. I saw similar speculated on the Forum I first saw the footage.
Ellieb

Post by Ellieb »

Interesting that his first action was to switch off the camera
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

This positively begs for a visit to the Ozzyman School of Supercar Driving:

https://youtu.be/fNWQBg_GYw0

(WARNING: robust Australian vocabulary. If you don't understand all the words, ask your kids.)
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Marcus Aurelius

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

mercalia wrote:what on earth is going on there? I cant make out the why of it. did he mistake his antoclockwise for clockwise etc puzzled. I dont think the cyclist had the fright of his life as he was well past the car. was the driver drunk? can any one tell the story behind this?

There were 3 cyclists in the clip. Two of them on the driver’s side, the other one on the opposite side.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

I imagine ( and of course, I have absolutley no evidence to back it up - I haven't even been bothered to watch the clip!!!!) that the driver lacks skill & knowledge, is loaded and won't care two hoots what the consequences of his poor behaviour are and won't look backwards with any kind of regret or contrition whatsoever. I may be wrong, but I have my ever useful ten pee piece that says I'm not...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mercalia wrote:what on earth is going on there?...

Too much power in the hands of someone who can't handle it,see Donald Trump and Boris Johnson for reference :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2 wrote:

Too much power in the hands of someone who can't handle it,see Donald Trump and Boris Johnson for reference

And look what happens when you bypass the control system...

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Jdsk wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Too much power in the hands of someone who can't handle it,see Donald Trump and Boris Johnson for reference

And look what happens when you bypass the control system...

Jonathan

For some the control system just had to be bypassed just to see what would happen next! :shock: :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden