Thermos Flask

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Tim Cox

Post by Tim Cox »

Like a previous contributor I put a small thermos in the bottom part of an old drinking bottle. One can get a suitable thermos at Millets. I pad it out with the leg part of an old sock which prevents the thermos rattling against the bottle cage and helps to keep the contents warmer on a very cold day. I did get an insulated bottle from Lidl's for about £3.00 but it is better for keeping drinks cool on a hot day rather than the other way round.
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I have just purchased a Thermos stainless flask for £4.89 and later will sort out a drinks bottle to cut down.

Thanks everyone.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
anniesboy

Post by anniesboy »

Ive just bought a 500ml Thermos in Waitrose £5.60.
mountainman531

Flasks

Post by mountainman531 »

I bought two 0.5L ribbed flasks from Wilkinson's about 3 years ago and I've just discovered that they fitvery snugly in a standard bottle cage.
mountainman531

Post by mountainman531 »

and they were £4 for the pair
willem jongman

Post by willem jongman »

I am interested in the Bikebuddy cage, primarily to fit a large 1 litre fuel bottle under the downtube. I have two questions. The first is if the thing rattles if you don't have a bottle in it. The second question is if anyone has experience with the quick release version. Would it be sturdy enough to be fitted upside down underneath the downtube?
Thanks very much, and happy new year,
Willem