If you were an MP how would you vote on Brexit Trade deal?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

If you were an MP how would you vote on Brexit Trade deal?

Poll ended at 31 Jan 2021, 4:35pm

Vote for the Trade Agreement
44%
Vote against the Trade Agreement
23%
Abstain
33%

Total votes: 43

Jdsk

Re: If you were an MP how would you vote on Brexit Trade deal?

Post by Jdsk »

"If you were an MP how would you vote on Brexit Trade deal?"
Barnard has just given evidence to the Select Committee. It's now on video, but the transcript should be available RSN.
https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/b4fd2fbe-3e27-460d-be57-b256d7670c1a
Jonathan
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Oldjohnw wrote:I don't want to emigrate. But that doesn't mean that suddenly I think brexit has been a good thing. In any way.

It's a common theme I've found amongst those on the right that anyone who offers criticism "can always leave".
If I had a pound for every time I read "if you don't like it you can always leave" I would have left and be living on a private island somewhere.

It would seem some are now trying to stretch it such that if you haven't left or aren't making plans to leave then you have no right to criticise...
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote:Of course I had noticed! But there is generally nothing to stop most people emigrating to other countries if they wish to and that includes EU countries. Whilst the pandemic is with us that may be impossible but it doesnt stop us making plan to emigrate in the future.

Glad to hear some people have a positive attitude

Al

Once again that same old far right trope people who thing differently to you should leave. Give it a rest man.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:Although Britain is going down the pan according to many here no one here seems to be emigrating to Europe? Will there eventually be an Exodus or will EU migration continue at the current rate.

Al

Oh dear,yet again you just don't get it do you? :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Oldjohnw wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Of course I had noticed! But there is generally nothing to stop most people emigrating to other countries if they wish to and that includes EU countries. Whilst the pandemic is with us that may be impossible but it doesnt stop us making plan to emigrate in the future.

Glad to hear some people have a positive attitude

Al

I don't want to emigrate. But that doesn't mean that suddenly I think brexit has been a good thing. In any way.

A sensible reply...

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote:
A sensible reply...

Al

There's been many in reply to your posts about Brexit and the future of the country outside the EU,if only you'd even attempt to a sensible,in fact,any reply to the questions asked of you.
W H Auden
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

reohn2 wrote:There's been many in reply to your posts about Brexit and the future of the country outside the EU,if only you'd even attempt to a sensible,in fact,any reply to the questions asked of you.

Sometimes his silence tells you everything you need to know.
kwackers

Post by kwackers »

Tory's gotta Tory...
It's the usual nonsense, growth at the expense of anything and everything.

Independent wrote:Scrap EU consumer and worker protections now Brexit is completed, leading Tory says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-consumer-worker-protections-brexit-b1783331.html
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

kwackers wrote:Tory's gotta Tory...

Independent wrote:Scrap EU consumer and worker protections now Brexit is completed, leading Tory says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-consumer-worker-protections-brexit-b1783331.html

Why am I not surprised?
W H Auden
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

kwackers wrote:Tory's gotta Tory...

That was the entire purpose of the Leave leadership. Anyone who ever thought otherwise really didn't have the intelligence required to be allowed to vote.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

al_yrpal wrote:Of course I had noticed! But there is generally nothing to stop most people emigrating to other countries if they wish to...

Lots of things stopping people ... like money and UK pension no longer being inflation adjusted (in many countries) and the need for healthcare insurance, etc. - not such an issue when we were members of the EU.

Ian
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Psamathe wrote:
al_yrpal wrote:Of course I had noticed! But there is generally nothing to stop most people emigrating to other countries if they wish to...

Lots of things stopping people ... like money and UK pension no longer being inflation adjusted (in many countries) and the need for healthcare insurance, etc. - not such an issue when we were members of the EU.

Ian

What was to stop anti EU people from emigrating to a non EU country at any time during the last 40 odd years?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker