Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Would you like to be vaccinated against CV soon?

Yes
78%
Tend to yes
3%
Tend to no
1%
No
6%
Never
4%
Don't know yet, maybe later
7%

Total votes: 209

Psamathe

Re: Would you take a vaccine against CV? Vote now please!

Post by Psamathe »

UpWrong wrote:My wife had the vaccine on Dec 15th, my mum had hers today, I get mine on Weds.

The Mrs was due for her 2nd last saturday but it's been postponed. I'm not worried, we both had COVID back in March so the first jab is our booster :lol:

My Mum (in her 90's) lives near a decent sized city but nowhere near any of these mega centres being created and she's had no invite so far. She even cancelled an operation so she can be ready for the C-19 vaccination (as she was told by the hospital she could not be vaccinated for 3 weeks after her operation).

I appreciate it's something of a numbers game but I always get a bit concerned when we see so much effort being put into a few mega centralised locations as it means people have to travel further (spend longer on public transport=more risk), etc. and that effort can detract from the more localised services (though I've no idea if that is happening in the case of vaccinations). This Government always seems to leap to the fewer large centralised options (kept firmly under Westminster control) rather than e.g. the thousands if pharmacies close to many of those needing vaccination.

Ian
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

I did hear that they have promised 2,700 (I think) sites as well as GPs. It may be like test and trace of course.

Such a pity. They started off quite well. I actually wished them success: it's in all our interests. Not trying to outsource, sticking with public health, and not using newly set up mates' companies should help
John
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Are the categories being followed? 2.4m claimed. Yet most sources put home care residents treated at some 40,000 I.e. 10%. Residents plus their carers put at 1.1m, so 2.4 should include all those plus one third of cat 2. Doesn't seem to be working out that way.
I have no confidence that "top" 5 cats (c.13m) will be treated by claimed mid-Feb.
Glad I am not particularly bothered about dying and that I have put my affairs in order. I suggest all over 65s do the latter.
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Target(s) clearly already seriously slipping. One reference to "end of March" for non-defined priority group(s) pretty much matches the sums based on daily throughput. I calculate that my jab for example now very late March rather than mid-February.
Little being said about reasons for slippage. Probably a combination of supply blocks and number of vaccinators.
R4 stats programme on right now says... "end July". Numbers offered rather than given will provide cover - send out letters on 14 Jan with appointment dates in April to August, target met!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

More to worry about - another reported new variant (see here). In what is becoming, unfortunately, a familiar cycle, Boris, under pressure from MPs today, was unable to offer any reassurance with respect to measures in place to contain, referring only to "plans". :(
(That's spectacular I think - 6 commas in one fairly short sentance!)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

...but this is unacceptable. It's logistics. All this needs is a firm hand and organisation. Get the Army in. The gov. has said they would, but there's no sign yet...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

simonineaston wrote:...but this is unacceptable. It's logistics. All this needs is a firm hand and organisation. Get the Army in. The gov. has said they would, but there's no sign yet...

"unacceptable" but entirely as expected. Regional and sub-regional disparities are what got us to Brexit and this government.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

PMQs today included the assertion that some vaccination centres would be available 24 x 7. This was a surprise.

Jonathan
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

Jdsk wrote:PMQs today included the assertion that some vaccination centres would be available 24 x 7. This was a surprise.

Jonathan

Do I take it that there might have been some policy on the hoof?
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Jdsk wrote:PMQs today included the assertion that some vaccination centres would be available 24 x 7. This was a surprise.

Jonathan

Be more of a surprise if they have any vaccine! And how they will align such facilities with the category schedule, with GPs not being allowed to do under 80s until other areas have "caught up", seems problematic at best.
It's not just the virus that is out of control.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Maybe further changes to the tested use of the vaccine
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/13/second-shots-of-covid-vaccine-could-be-delayed-further-in-england wrote:Second shots of Covid vaccine could be delayed further in England
But Public Health England’s head of immunisation, Mary Ramsay, told MPs on Wednesday that if infection data showed vulnerable groups, such as the over-80s, were well protected by their first shot, then second doses could be delayed to get a first jab to younger people as well.

Ian
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Arrrggghhh!! It's enough to make me want to go back to France!! Oh - wait a minute... maybe on second thoughts...
S
pwu

Post by pwu »

Can anyone explain why a vaccine that needs to be stored at -70c and is apparently ruined if it isn't but if it gets injected into a 37c human being it somehow works? Anyway in case you missed my warning below here it is again because apparently 78% of you want it.

pwu wrote:The vaccine mutates the DNA that controls hair. It replaces your head hair/facial hair/old man ear hair/nose hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/body hair/leg hair/armpits hair etc with PUBES :shock: . Its a conspiracy between big pharma and big grooming. Think how much money they're going to make from selling razors, hair straighteners, hair removal creams/wax, hair dye, shampoo, combs, hair gel, mousse etc.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

pwu wrote:Can anyone explain why a vaccine that needs to be stored at -70c and is apparently ruined if it isn't but if it gets injected into a 37c human being it somehow works? Anyway in case you missed my warning below here it is again because apparently 78% of you want it.

pwu wrote:The vaccine mutates the DNA that controls hair. It replaces your head hair/facial hair/old man ear hair/nose hair/eyebrows/eyelashes/body hair/leg hair/armpits hair etc with PUBES :shock: . Its a conspiracy between big pharma and big grooming. Think how much money they're going to make from selling razors, hair straighteners, hair removal creams/wax, hair dye, shampoo, combs, hair gel, mousse etc.

Yes, I can. In order to make the answer as helpful as possible please can I check:

Do you think that there's a new virus that is causing disease?
About how many people have died from it in the UK?
Are you asking about a particular vaccine?
How much chemistry have you studied... GCSE, A level, higher... ?

Thanks

Jonathan