Is Trump Mad?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.

Is Trump Mad?

yes
65%
no
25%
maybe
6%
maybe not
2%
dont know
2%

Total votes: 143

Pebble

Re: Is Trump Mad?

Post by Pebble »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:
Pebble wrote:Credit where credit is due, so far we seem to be leading the world (as a sizeable nation) in rolling the vaccine out. They have to get something right once in a while! Plenty of time to cock it up yet and they probably will, but so far so good.

We're the only country doing single doses, of course, so that rather flatters our numbers as some of the new inoculations would be going into the arms of earlier injectees by now.

I heard a news report yesterday that some vaccine centres are being forced to throw some vaccines away as there aren't enough people turning up and the vaccines have a short shelf life.
If that's the case why aren't they offering to vaccinate anyone who's walking past,it seems mad to me :?

Yes, I heard that some places had been doing that, absolutely ridiculous and a sad waste. I believe they have been told to stop.

I emailed my health practice last week suggesting that I can be there in double quick time if they have spare doses left at the end of the day. I haven't heard back and I won't be holding my breath for the text message, but you never know your luck.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Report here and also in other mainstream media:- https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/16/nhs-doct ... -13914709/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

So we've had a year to plan this.

And we're still ******* it up.

I would be fired (or better put, my contract ended).

I hope the medics do the right thing.
sjs

Post by sjs »

reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Agreed - and it removed almost an entire generation of talent at a time we could ill-afford to lose it. I mean Raab as FS and Patel as HS - in what parallel universe????

Exactly!
Two morons among many in the cabinet!

Yesterday I was suddenly struck by the uncanny resemblance between Raab and Simon Cadell, of Hi-de-Hi fame, who would undoubtedly have made a much better fist of the FS job. Googled it, and was disappointed to find it's well known.
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

sjs wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
Bonefishblues wrote:Agreed - and it removed almost an entire generation of talent at a time we could ill-afford to lose it. I mean Raab as FS and Patel as HS - in what parallel universe????

Exactly!

Yesterday I was suddenly struck by the uncanny resemblance between Raab and Simon Cadell, of Hi-de-Hi fame, who would undoubtedly have made a much better fist of the FS job. Googled it, and was disappointed to find it's well known.

Once said it cannot be unseen :(
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

Well with Jenrick's piece in the telegraph today it seems they're doubling down on the trumpian culture war. The US might be rid of this for a bit, we only seem to be getting going sadly.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

sjs wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

Exactly!

Yer well behind the curve on that one,and I agree Cadell would do a much better job than Raab and he's been dead 15 years!
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Stevek76 wrote:Well with Jenrick's piece in the telegraph today it seems they're doubling down on the trumpian culture war. The US might be rid of this for a bit, we only seem to be getting going sadly.

Yep it'll be a long time until there's even a chance of regaining any kind of sanity in this country,meanwhile for next three years there's a blue bull running amok in the china shop that is the UK.
W H Auden
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:
sjs wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Exactly!

Yer well behind the curve on that one,and I agree Cadell would do a much better job than Raab and he's been dead 15 years!

Definitely. Mind you DR's knowledge may have developed since this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -uk-france
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
sjs wrote:

Definitely. Mind you DR's knowledge may have developed since this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -uk-france

Yer can't put owt where there is nowt :wink:
W H Auden
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

reohn2 wrote:
sjs wrote:
reohn2 wrote:Exactly!

:D :D
sjs

Post by sjs »

PDQ Mobile wrote:
reohn2 wrote:
sjs wrote:

25 years, according to Wikipedia. Heavy smoker.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

sjs wrote:
PDQ Mobile wrote:
reohn2 wrote:

25 years, according to Wikipedia. Heavy smoker.

Apologies,but even 10 more years deader he'd do a better job of it than Raab :wink:
W H Auden
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Is Trump mad?

He is going to get even more mad as Biden has promised to reverse a number of his pet ''achievements' on day one (rejoin Paris agreement, where possible reconnect children removed from immigrant parents, make wearing face masks compulsory abolish travel bans).
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

W H Auden