So, who is getting a cheeky Xmas day ride in?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
Chunky

So, who is getting a cheeky Xmas day ride in?

Post by Chunky »

I am!
Biscuit

Post by Biscuit »

Might do, I've just assembled my 1938 Humber 'Gentlemans' bicycle and just might do the traditional 'I've got a new bike' and ride it around and about.......
jan19

Post by jan19 »

No chance whatever Christmas Day, but fingers crossed for Boxing Day - might well sneak out for an hour....

Jan

:D
vernon

Post by vernon »

I'm saving myself for my ritual New Year's Day loop from Reeth to Tan Hill and back.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Without a doubt. My Christmas starts around 11th December and following nights and days "out", I'm "in" from tonight. This the bike beckons! Until the new year!
meic

Post by meic »

I always look forward to cycling to the parents house on Christmas Day. I feel it entitles me to the Monster Meals. The roads are wonderfully empty too. The rest of the family take the car making me into a David Cameron cyclist.
Yma o Hyd
Big T

Post by Big T »

Hoping to get at least 30 in on Christmas day, and will be out Boxing Day too.
patricktaylor

Post by patricktaylor »

I try to cycle every single day, and Christmas Day is no exception. Just a bit shorter, maybe.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Certainly on the boxing 10 mile tt, might get out for a short spin tomorrow depending on the weather.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

Gonna try to get out with the girls tomorrow.

We dont eat Christmas dinner until 6pm anyway, and we are having individual beef wellingtons for dinner which take about 20 minutes each to perfect. Getting all that boring chop chop chopping done this afternoon.

Weather is perfect for a cycle ride tomrrow. Mild, no wind and no rain forcast here.

SNOW for NEW YEAR though!

Yah! :lol:

Mary
robwa10

Post by robwa10 »

Maybe on Christmas day, but going out today and hopefully boxing day. :D
Si

Post by Si »

Got my Christmas pressie early as I had to order it myself. Spent this morning fitting my ice tyres to the Dawes and am looking forward to the bad weather. Will be taking them for a ride tomorrow - not allowed to use them until Christmas day. It's not forecast to be icy but they need a few miles running in.

Home via the allotment to collect the veg for Christmas dinner, and then get cooking.

the Christmas morning ride is nice....little traffic about, people wishing each other merry Christmas on the bit through the park and the knowledge that you are starting just a little in credit before the blow-out that is Christmas dinner!
noonoosdad

Post by noonoosdad »

:D I will be cycling over the Festive period. Cycling into work and back usual as tomorrow is the start of a 'normal' working week for me.

And as Mary pointed out, the weather forecast is looking lovely and quiet with the odd breeze and dry but cold.
In the words of Jacques Cousteau," Il est tout mon cul et Betty Grable !"
paulah

Post by paulah »

Having hosted Christmas the last few years, I'm cycling to relatives tomorrow. I've just been getting the tinsel for the bike - red /gold for the back and white for the front. Couldn't go out with non highway code compliant Christmas decroations. :lol:
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

Christmas day is nothing but a cycle ride for us. We've abandoned all family commitments and will be disappearing into the countryside with a packed lunch on the maiden rides for the new Mercians. We're so excited!

Happy Christmas everyone.