So, who is getting a cheeky Xmas day ride in?

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
anweledig

Post by anweledig »

I don't really know how I've managed it but I convinced the rest of the family that my son-in-law needs to check out how I've adjusted his bike before Xmas lunch tomorrow. So when he arrives we're off for a short run out to 'test' the bikes. He's dead keen for a run so I've got to go with him to make sure it all works :)
tonym1959

Post by tonym1959 »

A quick 10 miles in between the poultry cooking and the veg being done. Not too chilly out there either.
redflightuk

Post by redflightuk »

Have to ride the bike to go and feed the horse. Just under 3 miles each way so i took the scenic route of 9 miles each way.
LIVE2RIDE RIDE2LIVE
ICE QNT Cherry red recumbent trike
KONA BLAST mtb
DAHON MATRIX 07 folder
PACER (horse)
Colin63

Post by Colin63 »

Got in three hours of riding with a packed lunch. It was the first ride on the new bike and it was glorious. Beautiful sunny day with lovely views across Morecambe Bay towards the Lake District and a bike that was a joy to ride. Only downer was a puncture, but that was within half a mile of home so no problem at all really.
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

ColinandAlly wrote:Got in three hours of riding with a packed lunch. It was the first ride on the new bike and it was glorious. Beautiful sunny day with lovely views across Morecambe Bay towards the Lake District and a bike that was a joy to ride. Only downer was a puncture, but that was within half a mile of home so no problem at all really.

I simply watched you from above Harrisend Fell. I went for a good 21/2 hour walk on the fells instead with my Border Collie.

I must cycle 21 miles before the end of the year to get to my average of 60 miles a week (no commuting).
Jeckyll_n_Snyde

Post by Jeckyll_n_Snyde »

Went to see my 4 girls (2 different locations) delivering presents via pannier.....alll in a 15 mile round trip....car less traffic for most of it; and warmish to boot...
a pleasant day 8) to ride a bicycle
off now to finish some more of this Ruby Port and to make a start on my new Terry Pratchett book.
MALE by the evolutionary process of natural selection
Heterosexual by choice
Atheist by the grace of G** :wink: :wink: :wink:
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

Jeckyll_n_Snyde wrote:Went to see my 4 girls (2 different locations) delivering presents via pannier.....alll in a 15 mile round trip....car less traffic for most of it; and warmish to boot...
off now to finish some more of this Ruby Port and to make a start on my new Terry Pratchett book.

Darwin never rode a bike! I'd loved to have seen him on a penny farthing.

Michael

PS there is a lot on Darwin next year in Bolton.
ians

Post by ians »

we managed an hour on Christmas morning - first ride on my new road bike (felt like a big kid). Did not see another person on 2 wheels (plenty on 4 though) - and one couple out for a jog.

Came home feeling a bit smug which is not really in keeping with the Christmas spirit.

ian
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

Myself and the girls managed a 13 miler on Christmas day!

Weather was totally still, bloomin' COLD as heck and no sun. But the roads were perfect.

We cycled into Douglas and along the harbour to the Tower of Refuge, then took the long way back through a sleepy town, up Brae Hill (First time Ive ever managed without walking this part, although I was in Zimmer gear!)

But, why do teenagers always think they are right though.... Me in thermals and fleece, beth and rosie in Tee shirts and cycle shorts! We had to take the shorter way home because they both got so cold!

We dont eat Chistmas food until after 6pm, so we had loads of time to do better things!

Mary
E.C.Ryder

Post by E.C.Ryder »

Yeah it was cold Christmas morning I had a short spin of around 15 miles, and I ran into a traffic jam as motorist were queuing up to get into our local Crematorium. The guy selling flowers was doing a roaring trade!
paulah

Post by paulah »

It was really warm here. I went out to Christmas lunch all dressed up on hubgearbike, and was only wearing thin clothing. Started off on the way back with a jacket on and stopped after 5 minutes to take it off. The return trip was heavy going though, I guess I shouldn't have had the cake half an hour before leaving. :lol:
colnagokid

xmas ride

Post by colnagokid »

Xmas visit to my father on the Ellis- Briggs about 18miles round trip on the morning of the 25th;superb weather conditions for cycling -no wind- exceedingly rare on the Ayrshire coast.

I'm convinced it was a certain Mr Obree that gave me a nod travelling in the opposite direction through Irvine on a pannier'd mountain bike!!!!
Big T

Post by Big T »

Managed 22 miles on Christmas day, 32 on Boxing Day and 47 today. So far this week I've done 251 miles. Hoping to smash the 300 barrier tomorrow.
Jeckyll_n_Snyde

Re:

Post by Jeckyll_n_Snyde »

Michael R wrote:
Jeckyll_n_Snyde wrote:Went to see my 4 girls (2 different locations) delivering presents via pannier.....alll in a 15 mile round trip....car less traffic for most of it; and warmish to boot...

Darwin never rode a bike! I'd loved to have seen him on a penny farthing.

What are you rambling on about? What's the relevance between Darwin and my above comments or this post?
MALE by the evolutionary process of natural selection
Heterosexual by choice
Atheist by the grace of G** :wink: :wink: :wink:
eileithyia

Re: So, who is getting a cheeky Xmas day ride in?

Post by eileithyia »

Heh????? It is far too early in the morning to see "Xmas day" ride bumped back up the subject list, thought I was seeing things :lol: :lol:
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells