Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Jdsk

Re: CTC/CUK AGM 2021

Post by Jdsk »

Thank you.

Your second link is duff.

The first links to Articles dated 2020, which do not contain an Article 12.12.

My link was to Articles dated 2017, which do. This is the version linked from their public site:
https://www.cyclinguk.org/about-ctc/pol ... ssociation

Jonathan
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

HA that explans it

the version 2020 04 09 is the posted at https://www.cyclinguk.org/agm-2021

https://www.cyclinguk.org/sites/default ... m_2020.pdf

That version is the one lodged at company house

your link was to Articles dated 2017, which do. This is the version linked from their public site:
https://www.cyclinguk.org/about-ctc/pol ... ssociation

but that is out of date.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Jdsk wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 10:48amThe first links to Articles dated 2020, which do not contain an Article 12.12.
They do not but ... if the Special Resolution is passed they will.
SPECIAL RESOLUTION
5) That the Articles of Association be amended as
follows:
1. In Article 1:
<<SNIP>>
2. In Article 12:
a. Insert a new Article 12.1 as follows: “12.1 General meetings may be held in person, as a virtual meeting, or as a hybrid meeting, as may be determined by the board of Trustees. The board of Trustees may make whatever arrangements it consider fit to allow those entitled to do so to attend and participate in any general meeting (but shall be under no obligation to provide facilities for a virtual or hybrid meeting).”
b. Insert a new Article 12.9 as follows: “12.9 If the meeting is held as a hybrid or virtual meeting and the electronic means being used to
host the meeting experiences technical issues, the chair may adjourn the meeting.”
c. Renumber the sub-Articles of Articles 12 accordingly
<<SNIP>>
In Article 12.12 after “or a written resolution.” insert “Where a general meeting is held as a hybrid or virtual meeting, any inability of a person to attend or participate in the meeting by electronic means shall not invalidate the proceedings of that meeting.”
Current AoA (Sept 2020).
12.10 A technical defect in the appointment of a Member of which the Members are unaware at the time does not invalidate a decision taken at a general meeting or a written resolution.
The renumbering makes the current 12.10 become 12.12 and then it is amended to read.
12.12 A technical defect in the appointment of a Member of which the Members are unaware at the time does not invalidate a decision taken at a general meeting or a written resolution. Where a general meeting is held as a hybrid or virtual meeting, any inability of a person to attend or participate in the meeting by electronic means shall not invalidate the proceedings of that meeting.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
gaz

Post by gaz »

Philip Benstead wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 10:02amAre you suggesting my error was due to me not account of the renumbering?
Yes, as it turns out, but it took a while for me to work through the Special Resolution to confirm.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Philip Benstead

I had a long conversation with Phil Hall Dir. of organisational effectiveness & finance regarding this and other matters , he agreed it was conflusing and welcome my feedback. There will be a update on the AGM page in next 48 hour to explain the situration more fully.
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

I think the proposal to increase membership fees is outrageous. Student/Junior fees of over £30, utter madness. Why not just send them straight to British Cycling? It's nearly a 50% increase.

I thought my life membership was a bit of a rush to the head when I did it, now it seems it was the best financial investment I have made.

I thought we wanted more members to have more support in influencing policy, why are we trying to lose and put off potential membership by charging £30+ a year for membership benefits that the shops give everyone anyway, insurance that is pretty much lumped in by all insurers and a magazine that hasn't been worth reading for the last 5 years?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
Philip Benstead

Did anybody go to the agm, any comment?
Philip Benstead

https://www.cyclinguk.org/agm-2021

AGM 2021
Thank you to those who attended the 2021 Cycling UK AGM

The 2021 Cycling UK AGM took place as a virtual meeting on Friday 10 September 2021 at 11am .

Results of voting on the proposed motions can be found below along with the presentation slides. A recording of the AGM is also available to watch.

A summary of the Question & Answer session will be published shortly.

Read the Annual Report and Accounts for 2019 - 2021
Steady rider

Post by Steady rider »

I attended the AGM and asked a few questions, still waiting for a reply to one of them.
Actually there was a reply but not directly to the question, the question at about 1.10.31, about whether the UK should provide similar advice to that in the USA on the risk to children of being strangled by their helmet straps. The answer from Matt was directed to if Cycling UK policy should be changed.
I expect for the UK to provide the advice it would come from the DfT and perhaps be included in the Highway code.
https://helmets.org/cpscplay.htm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-51139789