Similar vehicles to Vauxhall Zafira

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Paulatic

Re: Similar vehicles to Vauxhall Zafira

Post by Paulatic »

There’s some really heavy right footers submitting figures to the real world figures. :D
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

SimonCelsa wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 6:19pmI have seen a Ford Tourneo Courier petrol 1.0 ltr which looks like it might fit the bill, I don't really want anything transit sized.
The Courier is not what most of us think as Transit sized. Transit used to be the largeish van with various cargo shapes and capacities. Now the Courier and the Connect are also under the Transit banner, but much smaller. The Courier is based on the Fiesta underpinnings and is about the same size as a Citroen Berlingo and its like.

Torneo gets you the fanciest internals, more basic version would be the Courier Kombi.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

SimonCelsa wrote: 8 Sep 2021, 6:19pmWould appreciate any one line suggestions/recommendations to assist my new vehicle search.
What do you like in the suggestions so far, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
bigjim

Post by bigjim »

I'd be looking for a vehicle with galvanized bodywork. As far as I'm aware Ford's are still not galvanised. Evidently Citroen and Fiat are. The Doblo and Berlingo are a good size. I run a 20 year old Yaris Verso that turns into a small van if I need. I've used it as a camper. No rust as it's galvanized. Never had a mechanical problem with it. Shame they stopped making them. Do you need a big vehicle with such small mileage and mostly shopping duties? Bike and roof rack can spread the odd load.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Jdsk wrote: 9 Sep 2021, 11:31am
What do you like in the suggestions so far, please?

Thanks

Jonathan
Nothing really jumps out at me, present thinking is to try and have a good look at a newer model Zafira (tourer). The Ford Tourneo Courier gets reasonable reviews also. My current Zafira is due for MOT soon so that will be the motivator. I am really not a car person, it's a necessary evil and comes in handy at times when taking the bike to more exotic locations!!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks

Jonathan
dodger1

Post by dodger1 »

The Vauxhall Combo Life looks like a replacement for the Zafira, but it's really a Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner with a Vauxhall badge. That being so, it's likely to be a lot more reliable than the Zafira (based on the one my brother owned)
I certainly found it a doddle to load two bikes upright into the back of my Berlingo.
It's sadly died and, although I can just get my bike into the Fabia Estate in one piece, it's a struggle and I'm seriously looking again at the Berlingo/similar.