Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
pete75

Re: Did Boris have a secret agenda?

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 8:00am
gbnz wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 7:24am It's incredible. A Tory Government have brought in a package of measures to dramatically cut the number of HGV journeys, block cars from being driven, expand immigration from abroad, dramatically cut even the CO2 being produced for industry whilst increasing the wages of the working class, their core benefits, handing everyone employed time off work on a state funded basis, whilst commencing suspending competition between commercial organisations :shock:

Oh yeah and using the army to support society, rather than fighting colonial wars abroad

Did Boris Johnson have a secret plan when he became PM of England?
I agree with your observation except in one detail: Johnson is PM of the UK.
Correction. He is PM of Great Britain and parts of Northern Ireland. :wink:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

To expect Johnson to have any agenda other than to stoke his own fantastic Walter Mitty ambition to pose as a cod-Churchill is expecting too much, waaay too much. Successive commentators such as past employers, teachers, colleagues and even relatives, have made it clear that the bloke is psychologically unsuited to high office, having a fatal mix of character traits that ensure he's always driven by the wrong motives.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Stevek76

Post by Stevek76 »

Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
The contents of this post, unless otherwise stated, are opinions of the author and may actually be complete codswallop
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

Stevek76 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:46pm Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
Indeed. Johnson does have an agenda: “What’s in it for me?”
John
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Stevek76 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:46pm Indeed, Boris only has one agenda: Boris.
That's it,nail,head ,on!
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Oldjohnw

Post by Oldjohnw »

pete75 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:11pm
gbnz wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 7:24am It's incredible. A Tory Government have brought in a package of measures to dramatically cut the number of HGV journeys, block cars from being driven, expand immigration from abroad, dramatically cut even the CO2 being produced for industry whilst increasing the wages of the working class, their core benefits, handing everyone employed time off work on a state funded basis, whilst commencing suspending competition between commercial organisations :shock:

Oh yeah and using the army to support society, rather than fighting colonial wars abroad

Did Boris Johnson have a secret plan when he became PM of England?
He is PM of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Part of Ireland, all of Northern Ireland. Not that it matters. He is useless and absent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Min ... ed_Kingdom
John
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Oldjohnw wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 8:48am
pete75 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 1:11pm

He is PM of the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Part of Ireland, all of Northern Ireland. Not that it matters. He is useless and absent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Min ... ed_Kingdom
He certainly ain't PM of many parts of Derry and Belfast.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

He is, in the same way he is PM of England, not by popular vote, or opinion, but by corruption and lies.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

[XAP]Bob wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 9:59am He is, in the same way he is PM of England, not by popular vote, or opinion, but by corruption and lies.
+1
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden