Prendas downsizing....

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
cyclemad

Prendas downsizing....

Post by cyclemad »

Just received an email from PRENDAS advising that they are to cease selling cycle clothing - jerseys / bibs etc - and will be concentrating on selling cycle caps and ''smaller cycling accessories ''

Will be sad to see them go.I have several of their SANTINI retro bibs and shorts .
De Sisti

Re: Prendas downsizing....

Post by De Sisti »

I've bought from them in the past and haven't received an email of the downsizing. Are you sure
it isn't a scam email you received?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

https://www.prendas.co.uk/blogs/news/time-for-change

includes:

"We are currently transforming the way Prendas operates, clearing a large percentage of the stock. This means no more cycling jerseys, bib shorts, etc so if you have always wanted a San Pellegrino, Salvarani, Molteni, Watneys or Peugeot retro jersey now is the time to buy it.

"This will leave our very popular range of cycling caps as well as a narrow selection of smaller cycling accessories such as our Winter socks & Winter hats."

Jonathan

PS: And they give a reason for the decision.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

I just got my Santini top out to check sizing on the back of this news. The zip was jammed and the zip pull broke off. So now I do need a new top. Rats!

FC885236-6881-443F-A686-3ACF80E15915.jpeg
RickH

Post by RickH »

backnotes wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 8:42am I just got my Santini top out to check sizing on the back of this news. The zip was jammed and the zip pull broke off. So now I do need a new top. Rats!

That is easily repaired - there's still the stub of the puller so you could easily just add a "string" type puller. I have done that for my LEJOG Jersey that is in otherwise good condition using a string loop with a plastic tag attached (probably off an old jacket). I always harvest removable pullers from otherwise dead garments precisely for that purpose.

Plan B would be just to get the whole zip replaced. If it has jammed some of the teeth may be damaged. Zip replacement is usually inexpensive.
PH

Post by PH »

And they're back under new ownership!
https://road.cc/content/news/prendas-ci ... hip-289473