What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
reohn2

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by reohn2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Finished work early today so came home, got changed and went down the Aldi in the car to do the shopping. The carpark there is a one way system and it was fairly busy, about 30 yards in and I spotted a space so I pulled in, the space in front was free so I carried on into that one......just as some woman was about to pull into it, I couldn't reverse as someone had pulled in behind me. She wasn't happy, gave me the V's and then the finger!

Anyway did the shopping and came out to find a folded piece of paper under the wiper blade, I guess that angry woman had left it there, I unfolded it to read ......

"YOU ARE A COMPLETE BELLEND!"
she'd even drawn a picture complete with a pair of hairy b*****ks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

philvantwo wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 8:21pm Finished work early today so came home, got changed and went down the Aldi in the car to do the shopping. The carpark there is a one way system and it was fairly busy, about 30 yards in and I spotted a space so I pulled in, the space in front was free so I carried on into that one......just as some woman was about to pull into it, I couldn't reverse as someone had pulled in behind me. She wasn't happy, gave me the V's and then the finger!

Anyway did the shopping and came out to find a folded piece of paper under the wiper blade, I guess that angry woman had left it there, I unfolded it to read ......

she'd even drawn a picture complete with a pair of hairy b*****ks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hairy ! That's detail :lol:
I am here. Where are you?
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

philvantwo wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 8:21pm Finished work early today so came home, got changed and went down the Aldi in the car to do the shopping. The carpark there is a one way system and it was fairly busy, about 30 yards in and I spotted a space so I pulled in, the space in front was free so I carried on into that one......just as some woman was about to pull into it, I couldn't reverse as someone had pulled in behind me. She wasn't happy, gave me the V's and then the finger!

Oh, so that's what a bellend is - I've heard it, I knew it was an insult, it just never occurred to me what it meant! :oops: :lol:

I don't think it's a term that's ever used in Scotland, just as 'bampot' isn't used in England (a bampot is a heidbanger, so if you see her again you can tell her she's a bampot, although it's not usually directed at females. Then again, I don't suppose bellend is either!). :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

It suddenly occurred to me this morning regarding the international tennis player Novak Djokovic.
He's been deported as we know.

Why?
Because he's not been vaccinated.

His first name should have given everybody a clue ................ No Vacc. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

Well spotted.
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Novak Djokovic is the first Sports person in History to be booted out of a competition for failing to take drugs :lol:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Hellhound wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 12:04pm Novak Djokovic is the first Sports person in History to be booted out of a competition for failing to take drugs :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
W H Auden
peetee

Post by peetee »

I popped into a shop this morning. It has double doors and I did my usual (read ‘every time’) trick of trying to pull the door one way, then the other way, only to find that door was locked, then try the other door one way and then another before I found the correct method of entry.
Now, if you are still with me, you will have ascertained that there were four possible options to access this portal but only one worked. The rule of averages states that 25% of first attempts should allow you to enter unimpeded but I would guesstimate that over my lifetime my failure rate in such scenarios is around 97.5%. In years gone by this would have would me up no end and is no way to start a shopping experience that I know is destined to end in tears anyway (I’m a Yorkshireman so don’t like spending money and I can never find my thing I like in my size).
If you have any doubt as to the authenticity of my predicament allow me to recount my first visit to a local hardware shop: On the side facing the main road there is a path leading to two sets of double doors. I tried all four. They were all locked but there were clearly people shopping inside. The entrance, un-signposted from the front, was at the rear of the building. Still questioning my luck?
I used to ponder also about how many people, perhaps less systematic than I, never manage to try all the hinge-swing combinations and walk away on the assumption that the shop is shut. Or, cursed with ‘The Luck of the Peetee’s’, tries just once and walks away in a steaming rage muttering “well, if that’s how much you want my business then you can stuff it”. And yes, I have done this myself.
What, might you ask, has this to do with this thread?
Well, time has mellowed me. For years I quietly boiled over at this totally unnecessary affront to happy and fluid building/street transition. This morning the Redruth door piskies tried their best to spoil my mood and I just laughed in their faces.
And I will do next time.
And the next.
And the next...
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Can't help with the locked doors, but the signalling of whether to push or pull is famous in ergonomics: "Norman Doors".

Highly Recommended.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Desig ... day_Things
https://99percentinvisible.org/article/ ... me-design/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Norman

Jonathan
Last edited by Jdsk on 19 Jan 2022, 10:46am, edited 1 time in total.
kylecycler

Post by kylecycler »

^ Maybe I'm just slow but I had to do a double take with the kettle... :lol:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

peetee wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 10:12am I popped into a shop this morning. It has double doors and I did my usual (read ‘every time’) trick of trying to pull the door one way, then the other way, only to find that door was locked, then try the other door one way and then another before I found the correct method of entry.
Now, if you are still with me, you will have ascertained that there were four possible options to access this portal but only one worked. The rule of averages states that 25% of first attempts should allow you to enter unimpeded but I would guesstimate that over my lifetime my failure rate in such scenarios is around 97.5%. In years gone by this would have would me up no end and is no way to start a shopping experience that I know is destined to end in tears anyway (I’m a Yorkshireman so don’t like spending money and I can never find my thing I like in my size).
If you have any doubt as to the authenticity of my predicament allow me to recount my first visit to a local hardware shop: On the side facing the main road there is a path leading to two sets of double doors. I tried all four. They were all locked but there were clearly people shopping inside. The entrance, un-signposted from the front, was at the rear of the building. Still questioning my luck?
I used to ponder also about how many people, perhaps less systematic than I, never manage to try all the hinge-swing combinations and walk away on the assumption that the shop is shut. Or, cursed with ‘The Luck of the Peetee’s’, tries just once and walks away in a steaming rage muttering “well, if that’s how much you want my business then you can stuff it”. And yes, I have done this myself.
What, might you ask, has this to do with this thread?
Well, time has mellowed me. For years I quietly boiled over at this totally unnecessary affront to happy and fluid building/street transition. This morning the Redruth door piskies tried their best to spoil my mood and I just laughed in their faces.
And I will do next time.
And the next.
And the next...
I find only ever shopping in emporiums with one door,therebye reducing a failure rate to 50%.
Of course there's an intrinsically fail safe approach in which you simply wait for another customer exiting and making a mental note of which way the said door swings enter flawlessly and with panache

PS,I'm a Lancashire lad and therefore much more adroit at approaching such obstacles in life's rich tapestry of problems.
Up here for thinking,down there for dancing as the saying goes :wink:
W H Auden
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

reohn2 wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 10:50am ...
Of course there's an intrinsically fail safe approach in which you simply wait for another customer exiting and making a mental note of which way the said door swings enter flawlessly and with panache
... and then you find yourself stuck in the No-Mans Land behind the tills. Or don't even get through the door, as it's only activated by customers on the inside who are exiting.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

mattheus wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 11:07am
reohn2 wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 10:50am ...
... and then you find yourself stuck in the No-Mans Land behind the tills. Or don't even get through the door, as it's only activated by customers on the inside who are exiting.
One needs to possess some wily foxlike(though not Coyotelike) attributes at such times.....
W H Auden
oneglove

Post by oneglove »

Here On Windermere, I saw two ducks coordinate their mating ritual and Seal the good deed after 4 seconds. The glory of life and a quarter of whole meal crust for subsistence and preen.