Worst personalized number plate

Commuting, Day rides, Audax, Incidents, etc.
gxaustin

Re: Worst personalized number plate

Post by gxaustin »

How do you know it's supposed to read 'Clive'?Do you know the owner or is that just your interpretation?
4 is often used as a/A.7 is used as l/L.
When I said it read CLIVE, it did read CLIVE from 3 or 4m away. Since you ask the C was a C, The 4 (L) was an L with a miniscule cross on the horizontal (maybe 5mm above and below the line), the I (L) was an L with nearly all the horizontal cut off, The V (Y) was a V with a tiny bit protruding down where the vertical of a Y would be and the E was unchanged. Thus to all intents and purposes it read CLIVE and only the closest inspection revealed the token gesture additions which indicated the true characters. Nothing was left to the imagination, such as 4 for an A or 7 for the L.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

T055A is very apt for many drivers.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gxaustin wrote: 26 Jan 2022, 5:04pm
How do you know it's supposed to read 'Clive'?Do you know the owner or is that just your interpretation?
4 is often used as a/A.7 is used as l/L.
When I said it read CLIVE, it did read CLIVE from 3 or 4m away. Since you ask the C was a C, The 4 (L) was an L with a miniscule cross on the horizontal (maybe 5mm above and below the line), the I (L) was an L with nearly all the horizontal cut off, The V (Y) was a V with a tiny bit protruding down where the vertical of a Y would be and the E was unchanged. Thus to all intents and purposes it read CLIVE and only the closest inspection revealed the token gesture additions which indicated the true characters. Nothing was left to the imagination, such as 4 for an A or 7 for the L.
It read CLIVE ! I saw it too it DEFINITELY SAID CLIVE!
CLIVE! :twisted:
I am here. Where are you?
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

Whatever it said, it was illegal and the DVLA would take a dim view if he gets pinged for it.
gxaustin

Post by gxaustin »

I've also seen an illegally spaced number plate in which the characters were arranged either side of a tow ball - except the central one which was hidden behind the tow ball (which had one of those metal shields behind it).
colin54

Post by colin54 »

His 'n hers tractors.
P1160897 (2).JPG
The letter 'I' obviously plays wild in a hand of 'Number Plate Brag'.
Last edited by colin54 on 20 Feb 2022, 7:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Nu-Fogey
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Not a million miles from here there's house with a Range Rover re MEDIIA. The owners have some sort of media business. I only know that because they used a drone to photograph a house down our street. I imagine that MEDIIA would be a tiny fraction of the price of MEDIA
DaveReading

Post by DaveReading »

thirdcrank wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 4:04pm
Not a million miles from here there's house with a Range Rover re MEDIIA. The owners have some sort of media business. I only know that because they used a drone to photograph a house down our street. I imagine that MEDIIA would be a tiny fraction of the price of MEDIA
Any personalised number plate that could be better rendered by a different combination of letters/numbers is the height of naffness.
hemo

Post by hemo »

It's an unusual name to have LIKE, if I lived nearby and saw the tractor driver I would love to say good morning or afternoon LIKE.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

DaveReading wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 4:58pm Any personalised number plate that could be better rendered by a different combination of letters/numbers is the height of naffness.
PLU51
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 3:10pm Looks like Josie or Josh & Luke possibly had an argument over breakfast, then made their way to work in separate tractors.
P1160897 (2).JPG
I think the argument could have been about why Luke couldn't afford JOSI3.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

Cowsham wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 5:42pm
Or why they're still grubbing around in cars apparently made in 1964 & 1993 perhaps.
Nu-Fogey
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

colin54 wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 5:51pm
Cowsham wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 5:42pm
Or why they're still grubbing around in cars apparently made in 1964 & 1993 perhaps.
Or why can we afford landrovers and spend money on crap number plates but live in a slum
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Cowsham wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 6:01pm Or why can we afford landrovers and spend money on crap number plates but live in a slum
You might be surprised just how common it is to own a Range Rover but live in a...er...shall we say....undesirable property or rough area :shock: I'm not talking old cars either!
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Hellhound wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 9:30am
Cowsham wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 6:01pm Or why can we afford landrovers and spend money on crap number plates but live in a slum
You might be surprised just how common it is to own a Range Rover but live in a...er...shall we say....undesirable property or rough area :shock: I'm not talking old cars either!
Looks like dirty old London or some equally dingy getto.