Boris's Brain is missing

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
djnotts

Re: Boris's Brain is missing

Post by djnotts »

"......statement from the Met will lead some to question whether the most serious allegations could be watered down."

10/10 for timing of the Met's decision to investigate. Must have taken significant orchestration.
Grass getting longer and longer. Bozo home and dry I reckon.
Now, if only he can provoke Mr P to invade Ukraine on the day Reports finally published all will be well.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Back on the front page but Boris Johnson can now remain aloof while investigators seem unable to get their acts together.

Downing Street parties: Gray report thrown into doubt after Met statement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60166997
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The words route and escape along with orchestrate spri g readily to mind.

The sickening cancer of demockracy continues unabated.......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

reohn2 wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 10:51am The words route and escape along with orchestrate spri g readily to mind.
The sickening cancer of demockracy continues unabated.......
Yes and time and time again they do it in full view of the public and get away with it.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Could the met really be in cahoots with boris in delaying the report - they're a useless bunch but I doubt they would be so obvious.

I'm wondering if the sue grey report has come across more sinister goings on at these parties, and this is the reason the met have needed to investigate and put restrictions on what can be reported at the moment. - it would be so funny if there had been a lot of white powder involved!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Pebble wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 5:25pmI'm wondering if the sue grey report has come across more sinister goings on at these parties, and this is the reason the met have needed to investigate and put restrictions on what can be reported at the moment. - it would be so funny if there had been a lot of white powder involved!
That was the most charitable explanation that I could think of: either illegal drugs or perversion of justice.

It's just been denied.
https://twitter.com/BlewettSam/status/1 ... zEm6MpAAAA

Jonathan
Last edited by Jdsk on 28 Jan 2022, 6:05pm, edited 2 times in total.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Pebble wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 5:25pm Could the met really be in cahoots with boris in delaying the report - they're a useless bunch but I doubt they would be so obvious.
Cressida Dick, much criticised but recently got her contract extended by a further 2 years. Ms Patel decided the liely contenders were "unsuitable" and sat down to private talks with Cressida Disk and they agreed "terms".

So do you trust Ms Patel in a process without scrutiny, in private and where Cressida Dick's loyalties lie?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/08/cressida-dick-offered-two-year-extension-as-met-police-chief wrote: The government has offered the Metropolitan police commissioner, Cressida Dick, a two-year extension to her term in office.
The decision followed talks between Dick and Patel late last month and it is understood all parties have agreed terms.
Ian
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

"Now Met Police won’t say why it refused to probe House of Lords ‘corruption’"
Exclusive: The force said coming clean on its failure to investigate ‘cash for peerages’ scandal could cause it ‘operational harm’
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/freedo ... n-refusal/

Jonathan
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Psamathe wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 5:36pm
Pebble wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 5:25pm Could the met really be in cahoots with boris in delaying the report - they're a useless bunch but I doubt they would be so obvious.
Cressida Dick, much criticised but recently got her contract extended by a further 2 years. Ms Patel decided the liely contenders were "unsuitable" and sat down to private talks with Cressida Disk and they agreed "terms".

So do you trust Ms Patel in a process without scrutiny, in private and where Cressida Dick's loyalties lie?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/sep/08/cressida-dick-offered-two-year-extension-as-met-police-chief wrote: The government has offered the Metropolitan police commissioner, Cressida Dick, a two-year extension to her term in office.
The decision followed talks between Dick and Patel late last month and it is understood all parties have agreed terms.
Ian
it is sad watching the mess our country is turning into
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Pebble wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 11:56pm it is sad watching the mess our country is turning into
It's been like this quite a long time or haven't you noticed before now?
W H Auden
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

reohn2 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 12:25am
Pebble wrote: 28 Jan 2022, 11:56pm it is sad watching the mess our country is turning into
It's been like this quite a long time or haven't you noticed before now?
what is it with you and your snidey comments.
I had not put a time line on it. But the head of the met police joining in with the sleaze in such an open and obvious way seems to take it to a new and surprising level.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Pebble wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 8:38am
reohn2 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 12:25am It's been like this quite a long time or haven't you noticed before now?
what is it with you and your snidey comments.
I had not put a time line on it. But the head of the met police joining in with the sleaze in such an open and obvious way seems to take it to a new and surprising level.
You said "the mess our country is turning into"(my bold) as if it had only just begun and was only just in the process,I was merely pointing out that the country went to the dogs a quite a long time ago.
The Met Police force have been instiutionally racist,homophobic,politicised and generally bent at the highest levels for donkeys,just a cursory glance at some of the absolute cockups in well publicised cases is proof of that.they seem to do a bit of window dressing once in a while but don't fool anyone.

The UK police generally have about the same credibility as politicians,which is about as low as a snakes belly,AFAICS,and I don't think it's generally the bobby on the beat to blame for that assessment but the cutbacks,20,000 frontline bobbies and 23,000 support staff at the last count,whilst we now have dodgey so called "elected" police commissioners to do the interviews and generally politically soften the blow to the public has a lot to do with it.
This isn't anything new it's been going on for over a decade now.

Edited for clarity
Last edited by reohn2 on 29 Jan 2022, 2:04pm, edited 2 times in total.
W H Auden
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

reohn2 wrote: 29 Jan 2022, 9:46amThe UK police generally have about the same credibility as politicians,which is about as low as a snakes belly,AFAICS,and I don't think it's generally the bobby on the beat to blame for that assessment but the cutbacks,20,000 frontline bobbies and 23,000 support staff at the last count,whilst we now have dodgey so called "elected" police commissioners to do the interviews and generally politically soften the blow to the public has a lot to do with it.
This isn't anything new it's been going on for over a decade now.

Trust in the police has fallen by eight percentage points. Sixty-three per cent say they trust the police to tell the truth, down from 71% in 2020 and 76% in 2019. Having said that, this score is little different to the average level of trust recorded in the police since 1983. There is no difference between men and women on trust in the police, with 64% of the former and 63% of the latter saying they trust them to tell the truth.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/ ... d-year-row

Jonathan
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Until you've had dealings with the polic on a serious matter,you won't realise just how incompetent they actually are.
My granddaughter would be alive today if GM police had done their job properly and taken the lunatic that killed her off the road,he'd been reported for his maniacal riding often enough,but they did nothing.
W H Auden
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

In other news about Boris Johnson

Ukraine: Boris Johnson to call Vladimir Putin and visit region
Mr Johnson has asked military and security chiefs to give him more options to mitigate against what Downing Street has called "growing Russian aggression".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60179127

I'm unclear whether he's facing down the Russian bear or it's an entry for "What does your head in?" Either way, it's a bit extreme just to distract from partygate