CTC AGM Friday 9th September 2022 + MOTIONS

Steady rider

Re: CTC AGM Friday 9th September 2022 + MOTIONS

Post by Steady rider »

Yes I do indeed approve, European funded project it seems.

There are areas where more improvements for cycling could be made, https://www.canterbury.co.uk/homepage/5 ... sultID=357
There is a campsite not far away, I stayed at on one occasion. If the motion is approved I would hope to include the woodland area and perhaps other routes in East Kent.
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

THESE MOTIONS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED – ANY COMMENTS?

Cycling UK – AGM 2022

MOTION1

ELECTION TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

CTC/Cycling UK shall include on the election papers circulated to members the date that candidates joined the CTC /Cycling UK.

REASON1
Currently, all candidates for election to the board of trustees must state in their election address the date they joined Cyclist’ Touring Club/Cycling UK.

This motion is to correct an error on a previous motion
On page 5 of https://www.cyclinguk.org/sites/default ... 705020.pdf

that did not state the date candidates’ joined CTC/Cycling UK MUST be include on the election papers circulated to voting members.

MOTION2

THE SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC LIFE

CTC/Cycling UK shall incorporate in the constitution “The Seven Principles of Public Life”- Published 31 May 1995.

They are Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, and Leadership.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ublic-life

REASON2

The board of trustees have previously stated that they would follow these "Principles”.

Last year one of these principles were disregarded when the circulated election address to the voting members did not state the date candidates joined the CTC/Cycling UK.

This omission, I was told, by a senior member of the staff, was intentional.
Last edited by Philip Benstead on 9 May 2022, 1:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Philip Benstead

I am surprised by the lack of comment on my submitted motions.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Would you like suggestions about the lack of comment?

Jonathan
Philip Benstead

Jdsk wrote: 9 May 2022, 8:29am Would you like suggestions about the lack of comment?

Jonathan
Yes please
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

1 I'm an extreme thread lumper rather than splitter. But this would have been better if each topic (speed limits. access, dates on forms) had been in a separate thread. Most readers won't be interested in AGM motions but many are interested in the first two as topics.

2 The layout of some of your posts are very hard to follow. I can't tell where the motion ends and your commentary and quotes start, and what's new and what's history.

3 On the date issue the Reason should include who would be helped and how by this change. At the moment it's all historic.

4 And hints at conspiracies and malicious action: "Recently these principles were not followed when cirulated election address did not state date they joined the CTC/Cycling UK. This obmission I been informed by senior member of the staff was not a error.". This puts readers off when you want to draw them in.

5 As in the previous point there are many spelling and other errors. Use a spelling and grammar checker and get someone else to proof read. That helps in being taken seriously.

Good luck

Jonathan
Philip Benstead

Jdsk wrote: 9 May 2022, 10:43am 1 I'm an extreme thread lumper rather than splitter. But this would have been better if each topic (speed limits. access, dates on forms) had been in a separate thread. Most readers won't be interested in AGM motions but many are interested in the first two as topics.

2 The layout of some of your posts are very hard to follow. I can't tell where the motion ends and your commentary and quotes start, and what's new and what's history.

3 On the date issue the Reason should include who would be helped and how by this change. At the moment it's all historic.

4 And hints at conspiracies and malicious action: "Recently these principles were not followed when cirulated election address did not state date they joined the CTC/Cycling UK. This obmission I been informed by senior member of the staff was not a error.". This puts readers off when you want to draw them in.

5 As in the previous point there are many spelling and other errors. Use a spelling and grammar checker and get someone else to proof read. That helps in being taken seriously.

Good luck

Jonathan
Thank you for your comments. Please refer to the motion with the prefix Been submitted
Philip Benstead

Jdsk wrote: 9 May 2022, 10:43am 1 I'm an extreme thread lumper rather than splitter. But this would have been better if each topic (speed limits. access, dates on forms) had been in a separate thread. Most readers won't be interested in AGM motions but many are interested in the first two as topics.

Good luck

Jonathan
Thank you for your comments. THESE MOTIONS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED – ANY COMMENTS?

Cycling UK – AGM 2022

MOTION1

ELECTION TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

CTC/Cycling UK shall include on the election papers circulated to members the date that candidates joined the CTC /Cycling UK.

REASON1
Currently, all candidates for election to the board of trustees must state in their election address the date they joined Cyclist’ Touring Club/Cycling UK.

This motion is to correct an error on a previous motion
On page 5 of https://www.cyclinguk.org/sites/default ... 705020.pdf

that did not state the date candidates’ joined CTC/Cycling UK MUST be include on the election papers circulated to voting members.

MOTION2

THE SEVEN PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC LIFE

CTC/Cycling UK shall incorporate in the constitution “The Seven Principles of Public Life”- Published 31 May 1995.

They are Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty, and Leadership.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ublic-life

REASON2

The board of trustees have previously stated that they would follow these "Principles”.

Last year one of these principles were disregarded when the circulated election address to the voting members did not state the date candidates joined the CTC/Cycling UK.

This omission, I was told, by a senior member of the staff, was intentional.
Philip Benstead

Are you looking forward to the CTC/CUK AGM?

Are you interested in how the CTC/CUK are meeting its objectives?
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

topics merged by moderator
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom