Clarion gathering June

Talk about events & rides. Find companions for your ride.
Sweep

Clarion gathering June

Post by Sweep »

This

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/clarion- ... 8951200357

Appears, curiously, to be promoted by a London group.

Anyone know anything much about it?

Can anyone turn up?

I'm neither a past or current member of the Clarion though know that place well and am interested in the event.
Sweep
thirdcrank

Re: Clarion gathering June

Post by thirdcrank »

From your link
Naturally, all other non-Clarion cyclists and walkers will be most welcome on the day.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

thirdcrank wrote: 3 May 2022, 9:38am From your link
Naturally, all other non-Clarion cyclists and walkers will be most welcome on the day.
ta.
:)
anyone planning to go?
am still intrigued by the London angle.
Sweep
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Just to bump this up in the hope of somebody seeing it with more info, the general idea of an organisation like the Clarion celebrating its roots seems normal to me. Older readers will remember that the Cyclists' Touring Club used to organise the annual York Rally, in spite of its headquarters being in Surrey.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

I think the London Clarion is just publicising the event. It's held at the Nelson Clarion House and is organised by local volunteers like Sue Nike and Charles Jepson. More about it here https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022 ... s-cyclists and

youtube
pete75

Post by pete75 »

thirdcrank wrote: 3 May 2022, 4:44pm Just to bump this up in the hope of somebody seeing it with more info, the general idea of an organisation like the Clarion celebrating its roots seems normal to me. Older readers will remember that the Cyclists' Touring Club used to organise the annual York Rally, in spite of its headquarters being in Surrey.
Yep but it's roots are in Harrogate.