Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

For sale of complete bikes, trikes, recumbents ( minor missing components acceptable. e.g. no saddle, no pedals ). Please do NOT post bike bits here. They will be deleted.
Stradageek

Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

Post by Stradageek »

For sale - Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

Circa 2002-ish and the same trike as was advertised on this forum a couple of months ago. It was bought for my son but the Oke-Ja I previously found him has proven so multi-functional that he has no need for an additional vehicle.

I have fettled the trike (details below) and given it several 'shake-down' rides. In comparison to the Kettwiesel I own, it has a higher seat and is much more comfortable, courtesy of the rear suspension. It also stops on a sixpence by virtue of the additional (hydraulic) front brake and folds in seconds to make a compact, car size package. Like the Kett, it stores upright needing minimal garage space. On the other hand it is a little heavier and slower than the Kett (weight of the suspension and possibly some inefficiency in the two stage drive system). It also handles a little more lazily (less rear wheel camber angle, higher seat and longer wheel base).

It is a lovely vehicle but surplus to my requirements so I'm happy to pass it on, in pretty much A1 condition, for the same bargain price for which I bought it. I'm hoping to find someone who will really appreciate all this trike has to offer at the absolute bargain price of £350 - check the Hase website for new prices!

Collection only, I'm afraid - boxing it up would be a bit of a challenge! - from Northampton

Spec and photos below

- 3x9 gearing (unique twin derailleur system) twist grip changers
- Single rear wheel drive, 20" ERTO 406 wheels all round
- Magura hydraulic discs at the rear and caliper at the front
- AXA Bottle dynamo B&M lights (with standlight function)
- Full adjustable seat height and angle
- Elastomer rear suspension
- Steel frame, Adjustable boom

Owners manual at this link https://hasebikes.com/media/lepus03_englisch_1.pdf

I have removed the rear basket (because it fouls/stresses the brake hydraulics and is not much use as things easily fall out) and re-positioned the lights. I still have the basket but find that hanging a standard bicycle pannier from the rear seat straps works much better.

I have replaced the broken mudguards and bled and serviced the brakes.

The transmission is nearly new showing negligible chain wear.

I have set the tracking for the current seat height. If you want the seat higher, the tracking may need some small adjustment. Changing the seat angle does not affect the tracking.

The jockey wheels (which allow the boom length to be changed without changing the chain length) are missing. However, providing you have an inside leg length less than 34", making the boom shorter will, at worst, involve removing a few chain links. If your leg length is 32-34" no change will be necessary. I'm guessing that the jockey wheels have been removed (as Hase trike owners often do if the bike is only ever going to be used by one owner) because they just add chain drag
Attachments
IMG_0455cc.jpg
IMG_0454cc.jpg
IMG_0453cc.jpg
IMG_0452cc.jpg
IMG_0451cc.jpg
Stradageek

Re: Hase Lepus Recumbent Trike

Post by Stradageek »

Bump!
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Where are you? Ah, Northampton.
Oldboybob

Post by Oldboybob »

PM sent
Stradageek

Post by Stradageek »

Firm offer now received for collection at the end of the month. If for any reason the sale falls through I'll update this thread in June

Cheers

Stradageek