Mirror for Flat Bar Tourer

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Steve X

Re: Mirror for Flat Bar Tourer

Post by Steve X »

The mirrors have arrived https://fawkes-cycles.co.uk//zefal-espi ... 540/s47611 and been used.

Easy to fit and adjust.
Getting used to using them, and think they are good.
Vibration not an issue, at the end of the day they are attached to a bike, so will move as the bike moves.
I have removed the left one, but left the bracket and will refit when travelling abroad, and remove the righthand one. A 1 minute task.
Having two on is a bit pointless and it makes leaning the bike against something awkward, but glad I bought two when I did.
Cyckelgalen

Post by Cyckelgalen »

Great mirror, excellent position and visibility, BUT, be warned, it breaks very easily at the bottom of the stem (happened to me twice). It'd be possibly the best mirror in the market for flat bars if the stem was made of metal rather than plastic.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

grufty wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 1:44pmCateye BM45
Tried most mentioned here but this is my favourite by far.
Beauty will save the world.
NickJP

Post by NickJP »

I've been using CycleAware Reflex helmet mounted mirrors for 15 or 20 years. Vibration isn't a problem, with a slight turn of my head I can see the entire road behind, and the mirror isn't wedded to a single bike. If I want to ride without the mirror, or remove it if the helmet has to go in a suitcase or overhead locker, two seconds with a knife or screwdriver blade pops the mirror off its mount.

Edit: Unfortunately, I just did a quick Google search, and that item seems to be out of stock pretty much everywhere, including at the manufacturer, who doesn't ship outside the US anyway...