EU VISAs after Brexit

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Navrig

Re: EU VISAs after Brexit

Post by Navrig »

mattheus wrote:
simonhill wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 2:05pm
Any thoughts before I ask mods to de-sticky this.
Yes, do it. It's just a rambling collection of thoughts, opinions, and facts (most of which are correct? dunno).

The author had good intentions, but probably had better things to do than follow through, so is in no way worth STICKY status:
Navrig wrote: 19 Nov 2020, 1:50am This thread is intended to be used as a source of good information and experience in relation to VISAs in the EU after the Brexit deals are concluded at the end of 2020.

Where possible I'll try to capture useful links on this top post so feel free to add your thoughts links and experience.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/
[my bold]
I lost track of the discussion as it seemed to veer off topic and have now lost the will to try and do what I intended.

I am still planning a European tour next year but am adapting it to suit the 90 days in 180.
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Navrig wrote: 17 May 2022, 9:43pm
I lost track of the discussion as it seemed to veer off topic and have now lost the will to try and do what I intended.

I am still planning a European tour next year but am adapting it to suit the 90 days in 180.
Good luck - and have fun!
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Unfortunately the non Schengen EU bolt holes, eg Croatia, Cyprus, etc will probably be closed by then.

https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-news/cy ... g-schengen
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Seeing as the mods don't want too un-sticky this, here is some actual news about Schengen and ETIAS (pseudo visa). It's from Schengenvisainfo website and starts with a quote. Bottom line ETIAS now delayed to May 2023.

“The European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice (eu-LISA) is responsible for developing the system. ETIAS is expected to be operational in May 2023. The ETIAS Regulation provides for transitional measures to ensure a smooth rollout of the system,” the European Commission notes in a notice regarding the ETIAS and the date it finally becomes effective.
RickH

Post by RickH »

simonhill wrote: 23 May 2022, 8:58pm Seeing as the mods don't want too un-sticky this, here is some actual news about Schengen and ETIAS (pseudo visa). It's from Schengenvisainfo website and starts with a quote. Bottom line ETIAS now delayed to May 2023.

“The European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT systems in the area of freedom, security and justice (eu-LISA) is responsible for developing the system. ETIAS is expected to be operational in May 2023. The ETIAS Regulation provides for transitional measures to ensure a smooth rollout of the system,” the European Commission notes in a notice regarding the ETIAS and the date it finally becomes effective.
It is on the European Commission website (https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/polic ... -system_en). Your quote is lifted straight from that page.

(At least Schengenvisainfo.com does appear to be a legitimate information site & not one of those scams attempting to prise extra money out of people to simply use their site to fill out an official form.)
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

ETIAS delayed, but EES still rolling out this September.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
mjr

Post by mjr »

st599_uk wrote: 24 May 2022, 10:07am ETIAS delayed, but EES still rolling out this September.
That's the Entry/Exit System, not electrical energy storage.

Why do you think that will be a problem?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.