Hand luggage for plane

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Jd843

Hand luggage for plane

Post by Jd843 »

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good bag to take as hand luggage on a cycling holiday? In other words, a bag big enough for cycling shoes, helmet, etc, but small enough to meet cabin bag requirements?

I've found it awkward in the past to use a normal rucksack because the compartments aren't sized in the right way. I've come across the KitBrix CityBrix bag, which fits the bill, but is expensive at £120.

Thanks in advance
Jdsk

Re: Hand luggage for plane

Post by Jdsk »

Does it need to fit in a pannier or similar after the flight?

NB Airline size restrictions aren't standardised.

As a general purpose cabin bag I use an Eagle Creek Pilot EXP. Hard back with wheels but soft expandable front. Excellent.

Jonathan
Jd843

Post by Jd843 »

Jdsk wrote: 18 May 2022, 11:39am Does it need to fit in a pannier or similar after the flight?

NB Airline size restrictions aren't standardised.

As a general purpose cabin bag I use an Eagle Creek Pilot EXP. Hard back with wheels but soft expandable front. Excellent.

Jonathan
No, it doesn't need to fit in a pannier. To be more specific on dimensions, my airline's restrictions are 45 x 36 x 20 cm.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

So this is just to take your gear to a start and maybe back?? No cycling involved.

At the bottom of the scale a Chinese laundry bags would do, but a small barrel bag is more substantial or a holdall.

I have a whole collection of small bags, bought at the end of tours in Asia. Usually cost about 3 quid for a cheapo holdall. Probably a bit more here, but plenty of bargains to be had in markets or 'sell everything' shops.

Edit: I normally go for a bag with a shoulder strap as much easier to carry.