Comments on our May 2020 LEJOG route

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Tiggertoo

Re: Comments on our May 2020 LEJOG route

Post by Tiggertoo »

Blondie wrote: 9 May 2022, 10:52am
Tiggertoo wrote: 4 May 2022, 3:11pm
Look after your bum
Some Audax riders I know wear two pairs of shorts.
If anyone is doing that, then their saddle is somewhat wrong for their anatomy, or they have some strange fetish.
I could advise them what you wrote, but I doubt very much they would care for your opinion. But thanks all the same.
Audax riders who regularly ride hundreds of miles at a time are very likely to be on top of their 'anatomy' needs.
Last edited by Tiggertoo on 9 May 2022, 4:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

Bit harsh.

I think we need a big team hug
old fangled
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Tiggertoo wrote: 9 May 2022, 4:16pm
If anyone is doing that, then their saddle is somewhat wrong for their anatomy, or they have some strange fetish.
I could advise them what you wrote, but I doubt very much they would care for your opinion. But thanks all the same.
Audax riders who regularly ride hundreds of miles at a time are very likely to be on top of their 'anatomy' needs.
I feel the ones who need to wear two pairs of shorts might have room for an improvement.
Never came across it in my Audax days but what I and others discovered is on 400s and 600s a change of shorts at the halfway point was beneficial.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Paulatic wrote: 9 May 2022, 5:04pm
I feel the ones who need to wear two pairs of shorts might have room for an improvement.
Never came across it in my Audax days but what I and others discovered is on 400s and 600s a change of shorts at the halfway point was beneficial.
As far as I know - certainly the 600's I rode, all of us did 400K on day one and 200K the second day, so change of clothing overnight was natural.
nickmk1man

Post by nickmk1man »

nickyboy wrote: 4 May 2022, 8:40am Yes it is. I rode it on a carbon road bike with 28mm tyres without any problems at all. I don't recall any unmetalled roads

I'll DM you the routefiles

Nickyboy
Great Article on the forum for your ride.
Living around your area and am looking at doing LEJOG. Is it possible to send me your routefiles so help planning my route. would be very gratefull if so
Blondie

Post by Blondie »

Tiggertoo wrote: 9 May 2022, 4:16pm
I’m one, a long time regular audax rider, and two pairs really is out there. I suspect they were having a joke at your expense.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

I suspect they were having a joke at your expense.
Hardly, I read it on the friends blog about his 1200K ride. But, whatever it takes to do those long rides!