LEJOG 2022

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Ron

Re: LEJOG 2022

Post by Ron »

Tiggertoo wrote: 4 Mar 2022, 5:00pm and I might as well get it over and done with in as shorter time as is reasonable. :roll:
You make LEJOG sound like a visit to the school dentist in the foot powered treadle drill era :shock: . :lol:
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

puffin wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 9:01am
Tiggertoo wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 3:30pm
Didn't seem that small at the time. I'm old. :) :D
I have never ridden 100 miles in a day. Respect.
As an Audax rider, 125, 185, 250 miles rides are quite usual. So, the furthest I have ridden in a day is 260 miles. Starting at 7 Saturday morning and finishing at 4 Sunday morning. Once the body gets used to long rides, assuming the conditions are favourable, it really isn't that hard. :roll: :roll: :roll:
puffin

Post by puffin »

Tiggertoo wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 3:04pm
puffin wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 9:01am
Tiggertoo wrote: 18 Apr 2022, 3:30pm

I have never ridden 100 miles in a day. Respect.
As an Audax rider, 125, 185, 250 miles rides are quite usual. So, the furthest I have ridden in a day is 260 miles. Starting at 7 Saturday morning and finishing at 4 Sunday morning. Once the body gets used to long rides, assuming the conditions are favourable, it really isn't that hard. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah. Right. I'll give it a miss all the same.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Absolutely! Ride your own ride is always the best. You are going to have a great time. 8)
puffin

Post by puffin »

All set, off tomorrow first thing. Yea!!!!

Had an eventful run up to the trip, badly tore a calf muscle while running, cut my finger open on a dog food can, had an outbreak of covid in the family. Consequently, training has been less than normal but...and this is a big but...I'm 16kg lighter than last year so that's gotta help. The physio treating my calf used acupuncture, really weird but effective. She asked me if I was OK with acupuncture and I said sure, its mainstream nowadays, I'd heard that University College Hospital Dublin was using it to treat hemophiliacs. Personally, I never thought I'd ever get the chance to use this joke. Comedy gold, but judging by her non-reaction, I'd failed to read the room.

Tonight I'm going to plant myself in front of the computer and follow my route on traffic websites to check for road closures.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Good luck.....

Thoughts from my first two days....

Don't forget to feed...

I got bonk on first two days, first day didn't realise how much fuel I would need a sandwich won't get you though to 6pm and 100miles.

Day two I had a meeting with my parents and needed to press on and again didn't eat enough....

Day three I did better and rode 160 miles!

Don't forget to enjoy it as your passing though you might not go by it again.

Unless you time limited the your time it's not a race unless you do it under two days!
hoogerbooger

Post by hoogerbooger »

Wishing you smooth tarmac, blue skies & a nice tailwind. Hope it goes well.

(I'll be having acupuncture tomorrow. Probably the last time, as now I can walk I'll be able to escape............hopefully your LEJOG won't end up with a hiccup like mine....... surely you had them all already)
old fangled
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

hoogerbooger wrote: 25 May 2022, 9:56pm Wishing you smooth tarmac, blue skies & a nice tailwind. Hope it goes well.

(I'll be having acupuncture tomorrow. Probably the last time, as now I can walk I'll be able to escape............hopefully your LEJOG won't end up with a hiccup like mine....... surely you had them all already)
Me too, Pufffin, without the need for acupuncture, of course. :roll:
I'm 16kg lighter than last year so that's gotta help.
That's about 40 lbs in proper British measurements (none of this silly European stuff), so you were either very fat or you are now super skinny, which is it - or maybe a bit of both?
puffin

Post by puffin »

Jamesh wrote: 25 May 2022, 7:59pm Good luck.....

Thoughts from my first two days....

Don't forget to feed...

I got bonk on first two days, first day didn't realise how much fuel I would need a sandwich won't get you though to 6pm and 100miles.

Day two I had a meeting with my parents and needed to press on and again didn't eat enough....

Day three I did better and rode 160 miles!

Don't forget to enjoy it as your passing though you might not go by it again.

Unless you time limited the your time it's not a race unless you do it under two days!
I have never, ever ridden 160 miles in a day, and probably only rarely over 2 days. Legend.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Wishing you happy legs on your journey, Bill. :D
puffin

Post by puffin »

Tiggertoo wrote: 27 May 2022, 4:27pm Wishing you happy legs on your journey, Bill. :D
Got the kg conversion wrong, ive lost 30 lbs, gone from 17 stone to a tad under 15.
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

puffin wrote: 28 May 2022, 8:05am
Tiggertoo wrote: 27 May 2022, 4:27pm Wishing you happy legs on your journey, Bill. :D
Got the kg conversion wrong, ive lost 30 lbs, gone from 17 stone to a tad under 15.
Oh, Wow! Fantastic, you have the right stuff - actually a bit less now - to tackle LeJog with fortitude and courage. :wink:
If you can, keep us appraised of your adventures on the journey.

Ken.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

puffin wrote: 25 May 2022, 9:54am All set, off tomorrow first thing. Yea!!!!

Had an eventful run up to the trip, badly tore a calf muscle while running, cut my finger open on a dog food can, had an outbreak of covid in the family. Consequently, training has been less than normal but...and this is a big but...I'm 16kg lighter than last year so that's gotta help. The physio treating my calf used acupuncture, really weird but effective. She asked me if I was OK with acupuncture and I said sure, its mainstream nowadays, I'd heard that University College Hospital Dublin was using it to treat hemophiliacs. Personally, I never thought I'd ever get the chance to use this joke. Comedy gold, but judging by her non-reaction, I'd failed to read the room.

Tonight I'm going to plant myself in front of the computer and follow my route on traffic websites to check for road closures.
Any update?
puffin

Post by puffin »

Jamesh wrote: 1 Jun 2022, 10:16pm
puffin wrote: 25 May 2022, 9:54am All set, off tomorrow first thing. Yea!!!!

Any update?
Thanks for asking, all good, got to Knutsford. Two days back the axle on the back wheel of my Galaxy broke and nobody had the parts to fix it (Halo?). My elder brother who has spent his life digging me out, drove to my house, picked up my Spa Tourer then drove a further three hours to bring it to me. Legend. Writing this I've just remembered that the Spa is advertised for sale in the other section!! Better remove it.
Attachments
20220526_144914.jpg
20220529_114214.jpg
20220601_094537.jpg
Tiggertoo

Post by Tiggertoo »

Elder brother with cigarette in hand has an expression which suggests: Here we are again! :P