Smile

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
sussex cyclist

Smile

Post by sussex cyclist »

Let's see what you look like. Close up, not on your bike in the middle distance (though I have no powers of enforcement). Here I am about an hour ago on a ride.

Smile optional, I guess.

on edit: photo removed, because I'm not going to be the only one!

I don’t get out much except for solo bike rides, and don’t have the opportunity to see a lot of people up close these days. Sad but true, forums are a big part of my social life. I just thought it would be nice to put faces to names.
Last edited by sussex cyclist on 26 May 2022, 10:12am, edited 5 times in total.
axel_knutt

Re: Smile

Post by axel_knutt »

MRI.png
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

jumping spider 02.jpg
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

IMG_1251.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Bright-eyes!.JPG
Starman.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Havent changed....

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

sussex cyclist wrote: 25 May 2022, 9:24pmphoto removed
Now I'm the only one who's posted a picture of myself.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
peetee

Post by peetee »

I was just about to post a photo of myself and thought I’d check online to see if I exist ‘virtually’. In name, at least, I don’t publicly so my first assumption was that adding my ugly mug to this thread would be ‘safe’. Then I thought about facial recognition software which, I believe, exists at least partially within google and it’s partner apps and wondered if my image could be linked to a name via Facebook. I exist on there due to appearing in photos posted by friends. Something I would have rather been in control of before I was a member of said social media platform. Now that I am signed up I contribute to my club (members only) Facebook page (without this, I wouldn’t be with twitface, as I call it) but I don’t do personal posts on my own profile page - I have no desire to share my preferred brand of air freshener and it’s nobody’s business but my own what I keep in the drawer under the bed.
In short, I value anonymity and try to maintain it online. I’ve nothing to hide and everything to protect and until I understand how all the www information interacts (which will be never) I will exercise caution.
As far as this forum is concerned as long as Davebeck doesn’t spill the beans I should be ok. :wink:
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

peetee wrote: 26 May 2022, 10:27pm (snip) I have no desire to share my preferred brand of air freshener and it’s nobody’s business but my own what I keep in the drawer under the bed.
(snip)
Your post has filled me with an enormous curiosity concerning what you keep in the drawer under your bed! I believe you have fished out this curiosity on purpose, so tell me now, oh do.

Incidentally, it's unfair to the commies to prevent their crawl under you bed by filling the space with drawers full of mysteries.

Meanwhile, I may have to make guesses about those drawer contents, posting them here for judgements as to the likelihood of the guesses being accurate.

My first guess is that [deleted by the forum decorum polis].

Cugel the curious.
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Let's see what you look like.
I doubt you'll get many takers. The silhouette that is my avatar is about as close as I'll get - and even that seems ill-advised at times. ps I just found an old avatar
old avatar based on ppe
old avatar based on ppe
diy_150_square.jpg (8.02 KiB) Viewed 184 times
Last edited by simonineaston on 27 May 2022, 10:26am, edited 1 time in total.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
peetee

Post by peetee »

Cugel wrote: 27 May 2022, 9:01am
Cugel the curious.
I can say no more, lest the TV licence people cross refer that info to the data files from their detector radar scan scope x-ray big nose ‘n telescope device thingie.
Suffice to say, on a related note it would be easy to assume my moniker relates to the initials of my name, but then it could also refer to my inherent Yorkshireman-ness of trying to get as many cups as possible from one sac of Tetleys. Those of a fragile disposition would also swoon at the brief imagining of some medical-related problem too.
I’ll let you decide.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
sussex cyclist

Post by sussex cyclist »

axel_knutt wrote: 26 May 2022, 9:21pm Now I'm the only one who's posted a picture of myself.
Perhaps we can do a collection of body scans instead.