Does this look right to you.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
audaxjk

Re: Does this look right to you.

Post by audaxjk »

Apologies if I am stating the obvious but have you checked that the tension screw hasn’t been completely screwed in (ie clockwise) to its full (or near full) extent?

I’m aware that the first generation Selle Anatomica saddles had a design flaw in that the leather weakened quickly and sagged but I don’t know about your brand.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

It is new.
Beauty will save the world.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

OK thanks.

I would then check that the saddle wasn’t delivered with no tension at all applied via the tensioning bolt as per the last post, and then assuming that is not the case, go back to the seller and say that this happened after a short ride, and that according to other owners, it is not normal.
audaxjk

Post by audaxjk »

Thank you

That is my point. Your saddle may be new but the first thing the retailer will probably ask you is to verify the position of the saddle tension bolt and whether you’ve tried to adjust it (anti-clockwise). I wouldn’t expect it to sag so much out of the box, but you never know especially if you are a heavy rider, it could just be a case of readjustment.

I’m a 60kg lightweight and despite this even I had to tension my SA model X a fair bit (out of the box) to get comfortable with the degree of sag.
jimlews

Post by jimlews »

Overpriced tat ! Send it back.

But do check the tension adjuster first. The sides will likely splay out as you tighten it.

At about half the price of that GB you could get a Spa Aire (£59.00), a nice saddle and it will never sag.

I've got four on various bikes and, allegedly, I don't to like Spa saddles :oops:
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

If you ride in an upright position as you say in your op a bobbin sprung saddle is hard to beat for comfort. I've used one for a leisurely 100 mile ride in a day and had no bum issues after.
https://bobbinbikes.com/products/sprung-saddle
I am here. Where are you?