Hitting your mojo back!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Traction_man

Re: Hitting your mojo back!

Post by Traction_man »

Tim Holman wrote: 27 May 2022, 4:13pm I know the feeling too. It goes through cycles (!) with me but I'm always back after a very short while. The key phrase for me is written in my notebook:
"Cycling for pleasure and purpose"
I guess it's self evident but those two principles help to keep me going. Heart condition, getting older, slower and diverted but cycling is the thing that I've done since I was a boy and which keeps me fit, healthy, cheerful, out there and with my chin up. Pleasure on the bike speaks for itself and for me there is often as not a purpose tagged on: library, pharmacy, shop, bank, wildlife, history and so on. How lucky are we cyclists to be able to see a different view every day even on the same ribbon of tarmac or track?
Keep on pedalling, going strong,
Tim
brilliant post, being on a bike keeps me going, ups and downs along the way, but moving forwards.

cheers,

Keith
Gee

Post by Gee »

Traction_man wrote: 27 May 2022, 8:39pm
Tim Holman wrote: 27 May 2022, 4:13pm I know the feeling too. It goes through cycles (!) with me but I'm always back after a very short while. The key phrase for me is written in my notebook:
"Cycling for pleasure and purpose"
I guess it's self evident but those two principles help to keep me going. Heart condition, getting older, slower and diverted but cycling is the thing that I've done since I was a boy and which keeps me fit, healthy, cheerful, out there and with my chin up. Pleasure on the bike speaks for itself and for me there is often as not a purpose tagged on: library, pharmacy, shop, bank, wildlife, history and so on. How lucky are we cyclists to be able to see a different view every day even on the same ribbon of tarmac or track?
Keep on pedalling, going strong,
Tim
brilliant post, being on a bike keeps me going, ups and downs along the way, but moving forwards.

cheers,

Keith
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I need to visit places (cake shops) I think. I might join the friends of friendless churches, ride to some of them, eat my sandwich and ride home!
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Plan a tour?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
gxaustin

Post by gxaustin »

My cycling club caters for nearly all speeds up to about 15mph and distances up to 100 miles (but more often 20 - 60)
Having other men and women to cycle with gives me the motivation to get out, and it's fun to chat and ride.
David2504

Post by David2504 »

deeferdonk wrote: 27 May 2022, 12:34pm
Jamesh wrote: 27 May 2022, 7:03am
So a 26 mile run is equivalent to a century ride tbh.
Having done both - riding a century is allot easier than running a marathon!
It is for cyclists, but not for runners. Each to their own 😉
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

David2504 wrote: 8 Jun 2022, 8:48pm
deeferdonk wrote: 27 May 2022, 12:34pm
Jamesh wrote: 27 May 2022, 7:03am
So a 26 mile run is equivalent to a century ride tbh.
Having done both - riding a century is allot easier than running a marathon!
It is for cyclists, but not for runners. Each to their own 😉
Could do both tomorrow, think I'd be more comfortable doing a marathon tbh.

Last century I bonked on high hill back road out of settle!!

Must be more of a runner then!!