LEJOG - 70 years old with a dodgy knee

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
GASBAGSMike

LEJOG - 70 years old with a dodgy knee

Post by GASBAGSMike »

Paul Lawrence (actually Greenhalgh) cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats in May 2022. Paul, who lives in Great Ayton, cycled over 1000 miles in 18 days at the ripe-old age of 70 - a remarkable feat. He maintained a blog as he cycled and added photographs. I helped Paul turn his blog into a YouTube - a format which gives a better impression of his achievement. He used an e-bike which certainly helped but cycling that far with a dodgy knee was remarkable.
YouTube link showing the route and photographs on every day - about 60 miles a day https://youtu.be/LN7mOm_dLqE

His own words:
I have wanted to cycle from Lands End to John O'Groats since the early 1970s, but my boss at the time refused to allow me more than the allotted 10 days annual leave - so it's been on my bucket list for many years.
I set off from home on April 29th 2022 and arrived in Penzance on April 30th for a 2-night stay. On May 1st I cycled to Lands End then 15 miles back to Penzance. My tour was started and there was no turning back. I cycled in total for 18 days with breaks on both Sundays. I arrived at John O'Groats on May 20th after cycling 1061 miles. It's been a superb experience and one I will never forget........hopefully. Thanks again for following me and providing me with all your support.