Paying for "free camping"

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
pete75

Re: Paying for "free camping"

Post by pete75 »

leftpoole wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 10:39am If your area of living is to be assumed correct, then indeed you should be well able to pay...! I believe those who live and pretty likely work in London or area have pretty decent wages. I am retired. I live on State Pension to which I paid every week contributions. If someone complains about free camping-then try living on my salary! I would never complain about making payment for goods, chattels or any service. If I objected to the costs, I would go elsewhere.
Countryside is free to use. If you want someone's water or toilet pay!
If you want free join the Labour Party, I believe they are having a recruitment drive. If you wish to complain, see the Union Rep.... lol
It really gets 'up my nose' how people on this CTC Forum moan and groan about costs! Riding what are very probably expensive cycles and penny pinching to camp somewhere or buy from a fellow cycling enthusiast. I have virtually sold a lifetime's worth of cycling to mainly CTC Forum members and most have moaned and groaned about how poor they are and then quite often sold on to someone else. Greed.
Free? Free train travel, Free meals, Free holidays. Grrrrrrr
My own personal opinions are still mine, and actually do come free!
It's not the fault of anyone here that you failed to make your own provision for a better retirement income than the state pension provides.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

pete75 wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 10:47am
leftpoole wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 10:39am If your area of living is to be assumed correct, then indeed you should be well able to pay...! I believe those who live and pretty likely work in London or area have pretty decent wages. I am retired. I live on State Pension to which I paid every week contributions. If someone complains about free camping-then try living on my salary! I would never complain about making payment for goods, chattels or any service. If I objected to the costs, I would go elsewhere.
Countryside is free to use. If you want someone's water or toilet pay!
If you want free join the Labour Party, I believe they are having a recruitment drive. If you wish to complain, see the Union Rep.... lol
It really gets 'up my nose' how people on this CTC Forum moan and groan about costs! Riding what are very probably expensive cycles and penny pinching to camp somewhere or buy from a fellow cycling enthusiast. I have virtually sold a lifetime's worth of cycling to mainly CTC Forum members and most have moaned and groaned about how poor they are and then quite often sold on to someone else. Greed.
Free? Free train travel, Free meals, Free holidays. Grrrrrrr
My own personal opinions are still mine, and actually do come free!
It's not the fault of anyone here that you failed to make your own provision for a better retirement income than the state pension provides.
In response to the attached.
I have not complained. The person writing the comment has no clue about why I only have State Pension. In response, I can tell him/her that my Pension was stolen.
I will elaborate no more. I was merely trying to say that people complain about tiny costs. Those to whom the cost go are trying to live. The people complaining about costs for ;Free: camping are mean minded in my opinion. Even though I have very limited income I would never complain about the costs. Pay or go without!
pete75

Post by pete75 »

leftpoole wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 11:51am

I have not complained. The person writing the comment has no clue about why I only have State Pension. In response, I can tell him/her that my Pension was stolen.
I will elaborate no more. I was merely trying to say that people complain about tiny costs. Those to whom the cost go are trying to live. The people complaining about costs for ;Free: camping are mean minded in my opinion. Even though I have very limited income I would never complain about the costs. Pay or go without!
Fraud Compensation Fund
The Fraud Compensation Fund pays compensation to occupational pension schemes which have lost out financially due to dishonesty.

https://www.ppf.co.uk/about-us/what-we- ... ation-fund
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

On the kinda subject of the thread, I can recommend this book.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/ ... -manifesto

Read it recently (leftpoole can be assured that it cost me nowt - read it for free as an ebook from my friendly library) - maybe slightly woolly/rambling at times (it's not such a practical guide to fence hopping as some reviews might imply) but nevertheless good.

The author (very talented illustrator) was actually on countryfile at the weekend - episode will still be on iplayer.

In case anyone gets irate (had enough of that already) I stress that I never disturb crops or lifestock or damage walls or property.

have been known to take found (not mine) litter out with me, though no intention of shifting gun cartridges and hunting junk - some places are of course rented out for periodic gunfire - quite often on lands somewhat curiously acquired - as the book points out.
Sweep
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Sweep wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 2:42pm On the kinda subject of the thread, I can recommend this book.

What sort of b ike does he use?
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

mattheus wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 3:00pm
Sweep wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 2:42pm On the kinda subject of the thread, I can recommend this book.

What sort of b ike does he use?
There is a reference to him using a bike on at least one of his trips but am afraid he didn't mention the spec brand colour scheme, how many speeds etc etc.
(he left it apart from where he was sleeping but I wouldn't be comfortable doing that)
He's mostly a walker and waterways fan but same principles.
Sweep
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

pete75 wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 1:51pm
leftpoole wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 11:51am

Fraud Compensation Fund
The Fraud Compensation Fund pays compensation to occupational pension schemes which have lost out financially due to dishonesty.

https://www.ppf.co.uk/about-us/what-we- ... ation-fund
Thank you for your input. I have spent nearly seven years on this. With marriage breakup after 29 years and with ill health it is still a struggle.
The money has disappeared. Very long tale but I am partially to blame due to my trusting a third party. A relation.
Thank you again. I have no wish to carry on the conversation further.
Thank you.
John