Tern HSD

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Jdsk

Re: Tern HSD

Post by Jdsk »

It now has a Thule Yepp Maxi child seat. And a Tern double-legged kickstand. And yesterday I fitted the kickstand extension feet, which required the tactical application of the angry grinder.

And the seven month old had her first ride in falling snow in a side street in East London. : - )

Jonathan
axel_knutt

Re: Family eBike... Tern HSD and GSD... advice, please

Post by axel_knutt »

Jdsk wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 6:43pmWhat would you recommend for carrying small children
Don't forget to ask the kids.
Bum.jpg
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I had a short round the car park test ride of an HSD P9 Performance today. Easy to ride, I like the long wheelbase. It was heavier than I was expecting, I would not want to have to ride it with no power. Wasn't convinced about the need for front suspension, and the Andros stem seemed awkward and probably heavy to. Makes me wonder if I might prefer the Quick Haul, though that comes with only a 400Wh battery when I think I need 500Wh, and it has the steeper seat post when I would rather have the 60 degree seatpost (I think) of the HSD.
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I've just weighed my eBike at 19 Kg and measured the BB height at 282mm, whereas the HSD is more like 25 Kg and 295mm. The slack seat tube and low CoG of the HSD makes it manageable though. The Quick Haul would be less manageable with its steeper seat tube I expect.