"Post office "text scam, 16th of June 22.

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Jdsk

Re: Re:

Post by Jdsk »

Psamathe wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 10:05am
millimole wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 7:49am
De Sisti wrote:Royal Mail will generally leave a card, stating that they tried to deliver and that you can collect parcel from
local sorting office (or they will try to deliver the following day).
And unless the postman is particularly friendly with my wife how does he know either of our mobile numbers?
A fair number of online shops now require your mobile number (some ask, some require) probably because some carriers text you with delivery time slots. The mobile number input will normally be irrespective as to the carrier method selected (e.g. next day through e.g. DPD (who text) vs 3-5 days using e.g. Royal Mail (who also text, several times for some services).
Yes

Jonathan
De Sisti

Re:

Post by De Sisti »

millimole wrote: 3 Jul 2022, 7:49am
De Sisti wrote:Royal Mail will generally leave a card, stating that they tried to deliver and that you can collect parcel from
local sorting office (or they will try to deliver the following day).
And unless the postman is particularly friendly with my wife how does he know either of our mobile numbers?
I think you should confront your wife and ask her if she has anything to hide. :wink: