Puncture proof bike tyre

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
rjb

Re: Puncture proof bike tyre

Post by rjb »

Avoid the fincci tyres. They are poo.

I have bought bargain tyres from eBay in the past. 4 x fincci tyres 26" . They wore down to the canvas very quickly, despite having what looked to be a substantial tread.
IMG_20211125_155331.jpg

The tread wasn't straight either and no amount of refitting could get it straight so it always had a slight "wobble".
Bought in 2019 and only used on a front wheel. Records show they lasted 2000 miles. I'm on my last one now and have some Schawlbe tyres ready for use when this one fails. My advice would be to stick to well known branded tyres. Ps does anyone remember the 700c training tyres sold by Mike Dyason in the past. They had treads that looked like they had been painted on. Lasted 500 miles if you were lucky. :(

https://ebay.co.uk/usr/fushop_uk

viewtopic.php?t=128076
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

I chose a 1.75" Marathon Greenguard after reading it has a thicker tread than other widths. Easier to mount than a Marathon Plus and with a deeper tread pattern.
Cyclo2022

Post by Cyclo2022 »

rjb wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 4:24pm Avoid the fincci tyres. They are poo.

I have bought bargain tyres from eBay in the past. 4 x fincci tyres 26" . They wore down to the canvas very quickly, despite having what looked to be a substantial tread.IMG_20211125_155331.jpg
The tread wasn't straight either and no amount of refitting could get it straight so it always had a slight "wobble".
Bought in 2019 and only used on a front wheel. Records show they lasted 2000 miles. I'm on my last one now and have some Schawlbe tyres ready for use when this one fails. My advice would be to stick to well known branded tyres. Ps does anyone remember the 700c training tyres sold by Mike Dyason in the past. They had treads that looked like they had been painted on. Lasted 500 miles if you were lucky. :(

https://ebay.co.uk/usr/fushop_uk

viewtopic.php?t=128076
I have a pair if Fincci tyres on my Hybrid and they are great. I have had no punctures and they have no real wear and they have been on for over a year. Maybe it was part of a bad batch you got!
Chris56

Post by Chris56 »

I originally had Gatorskins/Gator Hardshells but was constantly getting punctures. Switched to Marathon Greenguards 6 months and have not had a single puncture (touch wood). I haven't found them any slower and can still max out in top gear. Not tried the Marathon Plus yet so don't know how much slower they are for the extra protection, but the Greenguards are serving me well.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Jamesh wrote: 17 Jun 2022, 11:07am I've used these and not had a puncture yet....

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-essen ... lsrc=aw.ds

Not commuted on them though.
Had one delivered approximately 1 minute ago, it's been sent back to Wiggle via the same courier (Nb. Only time I've ever "owned" a tyre for 30-40 seconds)