Just Ride (book) by Grant Peterson

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Carlton green

Just Ride (book) by Grant Peterson

Post by Carlton green »

Just Ride. A Radically Practical Guide to Riding Your Bike.

After a casual recommendation of this book here on this forum I purchased a cheap copy off of a well known auction site - I didn’t pay full price.

For me it’s not a revolutionary book in the way that Richard’s Bicycle Book was and it isn’t crammed with useful data like that book either. However, it is still a very useful read that has given me quite a few new and helpful insights that I can take into the future and gain benefit from. It appears that I’m very much an un-racer - have been for years, but it’s still good to have a distinguished voice confirm (with positivity) the choices that you’ve already made - and I also got a perfect score in the end of book (for fun) test.

The book is North American but pretty much everything in it is understandable and transferable to the UK.

My verdict: I’d buy it again and think that my time reading it was reasonably spent. Score: 7/10, I’m not a generous marker.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
Sweep

Re: Just Ride (book) by Grant Peterson

Post by Sweep »

I think I may have shanefully flipped through/part read this in a bikeshop once.
I do seem to recall that there was a fair amount of good sensible stuff in there.
Sweep