ROUND THE MAINLAND UK COASTLINE

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
wee eck

ROUND THE MAINLAND UK COASTLINE

Post by wee eck »

Good Afternoon Looking to build a network of CYCLE CLUBS /PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE UK TO CYCLE WITH Me and cycle with me when I’m in their area Trying to keep costs to a minimum during the Bike ride so hoping to use Warmshowers , and any folk willing to Put me Up for the night even a living room sofa and a shower...gcfc1958@gmx.co.uk

This RIDE is to CELEBRATE MY RETIRAL YEAR ...So if youd like to Cycle a bit of the UK COASTLINE get in touch....

eric malcolm (wee eck) :D :D :D
Last edited by wee eck on 5 Jul 2022, 8:31am, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Molog

Re: ROUND THE MAINLAND UK COASTLINE

Post by Peter Molog »

FOR SOME ONE mostly using capitals

I AM STAING AT HOME.
Peter

Please, excuse my English. I'm Dutch.
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Can you give us an idea of timescales. It would help if I knew when you are likely to be in my area.
Richard M
Cardiff
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Coincidentally, as I was cycling along Southend seafront this morning, I met someone who has almost finished doing this. Only 2 more days till he gets home after over 4,500 miles.

He included N Ireland and the northern Isles. Some of the weather sounded horrendous. He said apart from the tough weather, his biggest problem was sorting out accommodation - he wasn't camping. He found a lot of (quote) little old lady type b&bs have closed.
wee eck

Post by wee eck »

Peter Molog wrote: 4 Jul 2022, 5:30pm FOR SOME ONE mostly using capitals

I AM STAING AT HOME.
Hi hope I didn’t offend you, It was just a method of highlighting the post.
wee eck

Post by wee eck »

simonhill wrote: 4 Jul 2022, 7:28pm Coincidentally, as I was cycling along Southend seafront this morning, I met someone who has almost finished doing this. Only 2 more days till he gets home after over 4,500 miles.

He included N Ireland and the northern Isles. Some of the weather sounded horrendous. He said apart from the tough weather, his biggest problem was sorting out accommodation - he wasn't camping. He found a lot of (quote) little old lady type b&bs have closed.
thanks for the information, I’m getting going building up contacts but not cycling it for at least a year. Thanks
wee eck

Post by wee eck »

richardfm wrote: 4 Jul 2022, 5:53pm Can you give us an idea of timescales. It would help if I knew when you are likely to be in my area.
Yes probably about a year away, just trying to build a network of cycling contacts at the moment. Thanks for your interest
wee eck

Post by wee eck »

Forgot to say it’s being done for a charity.
wee eck

Post by wee eck »

Still trying to build up a network of places to stay..?
bohrsatom

Post by bohrsatom »

Have you tried warmshowers?