Wahoo Roam random start up

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
GVA

Wahoo Roam random start up

Post by GVA »

My Wahoo Roam has recently started failing to record some of my rides from the very start. After pressing start it beeps and Bluetooth connection is made to various units ie power lights etc As I start to ride the speed/distance are not recording. I have tried pressing pause and resume but this has no effect. Then randomly it will start to record eg my last ride started about 8 miles into the ride. Other times it’s varied between 4,5 and 6 miles. Any advice on what is going on here?
geocycle

Re: Wahoo Roam random start up

Post by geocycle »

Does it have a gps signal? If I set off before mine had got a location it would behave like that. Maybe switch it on an hour before you need it?
oldtimer99

Post by oldtimer99 »

Mine needs a protracted warm up period where I live (up to 30 mins) or the altitude, ascent and descent readings are very confused. Riding at an altitude of -78 feet is intriguing. A circular ride with ascent 670 ft and descent of 950 ft is is an indication of the problem.
I think it's because the gps here in the boondocks takes ages to get sorted.....although grey distance is always right and strave is faultless.

Perhaps there's a real Wahoo geek on here....
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

If you page onto the map screen, it should tell you if it has acquired GPS yet. It will find it far harder to acquire once you are moving. Does sound like a gps acquire thing.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

I would get a speed sensor, which fits on your hub. The ride will start recording as soon as the wheel starts to turn. It’s normally a back up to the GPS or for indoor use, but solves the problem of patchy GPS coverage.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com