doesn't like driving...

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Pebble

Re: doesn't like driving...

Post by Pebble »

Always loved driving, esp wagons, not so much claustrophobic little cars with poor views of the surrounding countryside. Have always found cars very tiring for longer journeys. Have always hated busy roads and that situation is just getting worse, esp south of Newcastle
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Pebble wrote: 9 Aug 2022, 2:03pm
Never known anyone being banned from a library before - what is their reason ?
Oh, I've acquired a legally defined disability (Partial Disability) and can be confused for 4-5 minutes at the end of a 40 day period :wink: . It's proved quite profitable, as it's illegal to ban Disabled People from facilities on the grounds that they're disabled.

Never mind, can't drive and even though a couple of farmers and a Bus Driver helped out by picking me off the road unconscious last Monday, still managed 170-180 on the bike last week :wink:
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

francovendee wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 7:58am It does rather depend on where you're driving. Luckily I live in France and nowhere near a city. There is a short rush 'hour' and you may have to wait 2 or 3 minutes to enter a roundabout if you travel at this time.
We don't need to do this so we drive outside of this time when the roads are relatively empty.
On visits to my daughter in west London I know I couldn't manage driving in the congestion and was happy to let her act as chauffeur.
You'd think I'd like driving but I don't. I drive when forced to but try to avoid it.
I think it's to do with advancing years as even on empty roads you still have to concentrate and this makes me feel tired.
It's odd because I don't feel the same if cycling. I do get tired but not the brain strain that I get from driving.
I love driving in France.The toll system makes the motorway network a joy to drive.Around the big cities they still get busy but not like the M25.Rural driving is also much quieter I find.Also good for biking and cycling!