Introductions - tell us about yourself

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
kncowans

Re: Introductions - tell us about yourself

Post by kncowans »

Hello all

Well, I guess I should introduce Myself.

My Real Name is Kevin, I live in Doncaster and am Technically 56 Years Old.

I used to Bike to Work but had to give up Work due to Poor Health, that was in 2006 and I also stopped Cycling at the same time.

I got the Bike out of Storage in March of This Year intent on Cycling again, unfortunately, I had outgrown the Bike, quite literally, I must have grown a fair bit in those 16 Years.

I am now 6'4" and Ordered a New Bike, a Trek Dual Sport 3 in Matte Black, Size XL, back in May but due to all the Shortages I only received it Last Friday.

I have been out on it a few times, just on Short Rides, to get used to being back on the Bike and to adjust the Saddle Height correctly, the one issue I am having at the moment is Foot Position on the Pedals which are Shimano PD-EF202, there is a separate Thread on here regarding that issue.

I am looking forward to finally getting comfortable on the Bike so that I can venture further afield.

Thanks

Kevin
RamsgateTodd

Post by RamsgateTodd »

Todd, 64, heart and breathing condition since 2016. I've stopped worrying and I've stopped staying in. Last Month, I got the lightest road legal ebike I could find. I feel I've been released. I used to run half marathons {FFE - family-friendly edit }. 🙂♥️
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

kncowans wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 1:50pm Hello all

Well, I guess I should introduce Myself.

My Real Name is Kevin, I live in Doncaster and am Technically 56 Years Old.

I used to Bike to Work but had to give up Work due to Poor Health, that was in 2006 and I also stopped Cycling.

I had outgrown the Bike, quite literally, I must have grown a fair bit in those 16 Years.

I am now 6'4"
What height were you at 40?
I am here. Where are you?
kncowans

Post by kncowans »

Hello

No idea :)

I did have the Old Bike for a good few Years though prior to me leaving Work.

The Bike was a Hybrid with 26" Wheels and I believe a 19" Frame.

Kevin
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

RamsgateTodd wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 8:42pm Todd, 64, heart and breathing condition since 2016. I've stopped worrying and I've stopped staying in. Last Month, I got the lightest road legal ebike I could find. I feel I've been released. I used to run half marathons {FFE - family-friendly edit }. 🙂♥️
The old covid situation must have been a worry -- but glad you choose to get out on the bike -- it's a good decision and the ebike is a great way to get around with the added benefit of getting gentle exercise which in my view is better than killing yourself trying to beat a Strava time.
fredleP

Post by fredleP »

Hi everyone , I am also new here and learning a lot from this community, glad to be here.
Brik

Post by Brik »

Hello fellow forum users!
I'm new here and thought it would be rude not to say hello.
I'm a 46 year old male who has been forced back onto a bike for the first time in nearly 30 years.
If you don't mind I shall have a mooch around the forum and maybe upload a picture of my new ride.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers,
Rich.
camperman83

Post by camperman83 »

Hi im Nick, 39 years old. I love to cycle, im not a pro cycler by any means. but i cycle to work everyday, which is 20 miles a day. Keeps me fit haha
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Brik wrote: 4 Sep 2022, 10:39am Hello fellow forum users!
I'm new here and thought it would be rude not to say hello.
I'm a 46 year old male who has been forced back onto a bike for the first time in nearly 30 years.
If you don't mind I shall have a mooch around the forum and maybe upload a picture of my new ride.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers,
Rich.
welcome
why forced?
(though a good outcome)l
Sweep
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

camperman83 wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 9:44pm Hi im Nick, 39 years old. I love to cycle, im not a pro cycler by any means. but i cycle to work everyday, which is 20 miles a day. Keeps me fit haha
I bet it does. Also saves a lot not having to go to the gym. All the best and hoping your 20 miles a day continues through the winter!!
Brik

Post by Brik »

Sweep wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 10:49pm why forced?
I was banned by the courts from driving.
Any body want to buy a car? It's cheap....
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Brik wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 8:25pm
Sweep wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 10:49pm why forced?
I was banned by the courts from driving.
Any body want to buy a car? It's cheap....
Maybe it's fate, so embrace.
My reintroduction to cycling came from something similar, wasn't quite banned but did crash into the front of a police car, writing off mine :(
No-one hurt and have never looked back :)
Sweep
Pahlipops

Post by Pahlipops »

Here we, go, quick introduction: a German living in Glasgow.
Cycling to work most days, else like cycle touring of which I have not done enough over the years but got a full fix this summer, riding
(Newcastle Ferry to) Amsterdam to Hamburg, then the Elbe Eurovelo, and finally Ruta Via de la Plata across Spain.
Started unicycling in mid life crisis, mainly light off-road (and am still rubbish at it - probably started too late) and got the bug for recumbents. Thus good excuse for three sets of n+1 and I tend to tinker too much, most months more than I actually ride.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Pahlipops wrote: 27 Oct 2022, 11:39am Here we, go, quick introduction: a German living in Glasgow.
Cycling to work most days, else like cycle touring of which I have not done enough over the years but got a full fix this summer, riding
(Newcastle Ferry to) Amsterdam to Hamburg, then the Elbe Eurovelo, and finally Ruta Via de la Plata across Spain.
Started unicycling in mid life crisis, mainly light off-road (and am still rubbish at it - probably started too late) and got the bug for recumbents. Thus good excuse for three sets of n+1 and I tend to tinker too much, most months more than I actually ride.
That's a great tour -- would love to try something like that.
CarnivoreAI

Post by CarnivoreAI »

Hi there! I'm Alice from Yorkshire.
I have a Cannondale gravel bike and a Specialized mountain bike.
I'm 28 and wondering where the rest of my generation has gone :| I can't seem to find them anywhere....