Puncture Repair Aerosole

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
groberts

Puncture Repair Aerosole

Post by groberts »

After a left knee TKR + right knee deterioration, I successfully chose to convert my Trek 830 MTB to a front hub drive e-bike a few years ago. Whilst I carry all the praphernalea needed to remove either wheel in the event of a puncture and fix it, being more of a faff than a standard bike I'm thinking about an easier / quicker way of dealing with punctures when out riding.

I have no experience of these but was wondering if a puncture repair aerosole would achieve such an outcome? If so, what are other's experience of using then + any reccomendations of ones that would work for my set-up: 26" x1.50" Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres.

Graham
st599_uk

Re: Puncture Repair Aerosole

Post by st599_uk »

groberts wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 2:46pm After a left knee TKR + right knee deterioration, I successfully chose to convert my Trek 830 MTB to a front hub drive e-bike a few years ago. Whilst I carry all the praphernalea needed to remove either wheel in the event of a puncture and fix it, being more of a faff than a standard bike I'm thinking about an easier / quicker way of dealing with punctures when out riding.

I have no experience of these but was wondering if a puncture repair aerosole would achieve such an outcome? If so, what are other's experience of using then + any reccomendations of ones that would work for my set-up: 26" x1.50" Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres.

Graham
Are the wheels tubeless ready?

That would allow you to get rid of tubes, run sealant to deal with most small tyre punctures, lower pressure so better able to deal with hitting stones, removes the chances of a pinch flat etc.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
PH

Post by PH »

What's the worst case scenario if it doesn't work?
I was a sceptic till I saw a delivery rider repair a flat with a Zefal aerosol, which both seals and inflates. I'm sure it's meant as a temporary fix, but he was still using it a couple of months later. I bought a can on the basis of that, I carry it on my Brompton, the worst case scenario for that is I'll need a taxi the few miles to the station or home, which is where I would have been heading anyway. I'm not confident enough to rely on it for a ride where I might be stranded a long way from home, though I could take it as a first option.
groberts

Post by groberts »

No they're + innertubes.