La Vuelta on TV?

Now we have something / quite-a-lot to discuss and celebrate.
francovendee

La Vuelta on TV?

Post by francovendee »

Are any free to air channels showing highlights this year?
mjr

Re: La Vuelta on TV?

Post by mjr »

francovendee wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 7:48pm Are any free to air channels showing highlights this year?
Quest, 11pm Friday, then 7pm most days. Hopefully they will be more successful at playing the right programme than some years.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

Thanks for the reminder, I'd forgotten about Quest. I record it to watch the next day and I've ended up recording all sorts of things when they change the schedule.Still it's better than nothing.
I wonder who will lead the Jumbo Visma team? I read Roglic is still in doubt about his fitness after the crash.
mjr

Post by mjr »

He may still be in doubt, but they just announced a team led by Roglič: https://twitter.com/JumboVismaRoad/stat ... 2428736513
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Twice now I have read it's on ITV4 but I can't find any listing on it. :?
You'll never know if you don't try it.
mjr

Post by mjr »

cycleruk wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 9:06pm Twice now I have read it's on ITV4 but I can't find any listing on it. :?
I doubt you will. Were you reading old stuff? It used to be on itv4, then Discovery (now Warner brothers)
got it. At least it's still free somewhere.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Started to get interesting today. :)
MrsHJ

Post by MrsHJ »

I’m not totally up to date but very good yesterday. Finally getting to see what all the fuss is about with Evanpoul. It’s not that I doubt his previous results but I haven’t seen them.

I gave in and got GCN+ (Not sure where I would find quest). I know not everyone here likes the ITV4 coverage but the hourly highlights show they do would be a lot better. Hopefully I’ll see some of the race live over the weekend.
rjb

Post by rjb »

Quest is on free to view terrestrial TV. ie Freeview through your TV aerial on Channel 12. :wink:
Not being shown on ITV 4 this year.
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

MrsHJ wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 6:58am I’m not totally up to date but very good yesterday. Finally getting to see what all the fuss is about with Evanpoul. It’s not that I doubt his previous results but I haven’t seen them.

I gave in and got GCN+ (Not sure where I would find quest). I know not everyone here likes the ITV4 coverage but the hourly highlights show they do would be a lot better. Hopefully I’ll see some of the race live over the weekend.
I have eurosport rather the gcn+, but I think the coverage is the same. They do an hour highlights package and an after-show, but it's normally around 2130 in the evening, which is a bit later than ideal.
andrew_s

Post by andrew_s »

Pendodave wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 9:05am I have eurosport rather the gcn+, but I think the coverage is the same. They do an hour highlights package and an after-show, but it's normally around 2130 in the evening, which is a bit later than ideal.
Eurosport, GCN+, Discovery+, and Quest are all branches of the same company (owned by Warner bros, iirc), and it's the parent company that has the rights.

The actual cycling coverage is the same, except that Quest, being free, is highlights only, rather than the full livestream that the others have, and that Eurosport also has the E1 & E2 broadcast coverage (with ads) as well as the uninterrupted race streams.

The choice comes down to cost, and which other included items you prefer.
Eurosport has its various other sports, according to season (assorted motorsports, skiing, some football etc).
GCN+ has quite a wide range of cycling videos - travelogues, biographies etc.
Discovery+ includes Eurosport, though that may only be the E1 & E2 broadcast channels, with advert breaks. I've not investigated properly.

The other thing to bear in mind is the quality of your broadband connection, as it's all streamed.
The advantage of streaming is that there's no requirement to watch it at any particular time, so you can do your Sunday ride, then watch the day's Tour stage when you get back, though you may have to skip the mid-stage breakaway restraint period to fit it all in before bedtime.
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Stage 16 - you couldn't write the script.
The finish is not for the squeamish. :shock:
rjb

Post by rjb »

Quest aren't broadcasting this stage tonight. What's going on?
:(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
rjb

Post by rjb »

cycleruk wrote: 6 Sep 2022, 7:12pm Stage 16 - you couldn't write the script.
The finish is not for the squeamish. :shock:
Just watched the last couple of Kms on YouTube. You have to feel sorry for the instigator, he's not been dealt a good hand. :(
sizbut

Post by sizbut »

rjb wrote: 6 Sep 2022, 7:18pm Quest aren't broadcasting this stage tonight. What's going on?
:(
They're still trying to work out what happened and what the actual result was/should be. They can edit it down to just the last 5 minutes of racing and then 40 minutes of What The F! discussion.
Last edited by sizbut on 6 Sep 2022, 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.