What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
JohnW

Re: What Has Made You Laugh Today ?

Post by JohnW »

pete75 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 12:22pm Very funny - though it shouldn't be.

It's clever, it doesn't make me laugh though though - it makes me weep.
The Germans have got it right - why don't we take our example from those who do better?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

JohnW wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 12:32pm
It's clever, it doesn't make me laugh though though - it makes me weep.
The Germans have got it right - why don't we take our example from those who do better?
Xenophobia.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Nostalgia for British Rail!

Opportunities for nationwide strikes, and those sandwiches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flares, kipper ties, Mullets...oh for the 1970s

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:08pm Nostalgia for British Rail!

Al
That privatisation thing is one of those "making things better" features you hope for, Al, eh? Making things better for everyone .... but we British, that is.

As to the nationwide strikes - well, your wish is granted. Will they make things better .... eventually? I suspect everyone will be sacked and those hordes of immigrants you're always worried about will take the jobs, at £3.29 an hour a la P&O. Will the tickets then cost less though? One suspects that they will cost more - a double dose of bonuses for CEOs and shareholders, all 89 of them!

Perhaps the sandwiches will be made with USA chicken? You like them, doncha? :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pete75 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 12:22pm Very funny - though it shouldn't be.

And very sad that we've actually voted for it! :roll:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

reohn2 wrote:And very sad that we've actually voted for it! :roll:
No, we voted for Tory governments.
THAT was the big mistake.
Mick F. Cornwall
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:08pm Nostalgia for British Rail!

Al

:lol: :lol: :lol: don't you find it incredible that all those European countries in the video can have a nationalised rail structure that works,yet you think nationalising our railways would be a step back to the worst of BR?
Have you actually taken a long look at our rail system and how it's a complete mess under privatised ownership.
Likewise water,gas and electric,education and the increasing privatisation of the NHS?

I find it both strange and funny how you cannot accept the truth when faced with it :? :lol:
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Mick F wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 3:44pm
reohn2 wrote:And very sad that we've actually voted for it! :roll:
No, we voted for Tory governments.
THAT was the big mistake.
And in doing so voted for privatisation of the railways,utilities and education not once but many times,as a result we are where we are,to use a nautical term,in the doldrums!
W H Auden
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

What has made me laugh today? Well I just had a mental picture of Vorpol marching half a dozen of you chaps off to the naughty step and giving you all a severe talking to :lol: :lol: . Talk about thread drift … :roll: .
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:05pm R2, you make all these statements and slurs without having any clue what I actually think or what I stand for.
I think rail privatisation by Cecil was an utter disaster.
As for the NHS privatisation and my personal experience of it I think that if you are trained here I dont think NHS Consultants and Doctors should be allowed to moonlight in the private sector as many do. That goes for Nursing staff too. As for using private hospitals to deal with peak demands I believe that is undesirable but sometimes necessary

You and Mike are totally off beam and havent a clue because you seem to think I am a Tory (about the only person here who is prepared to stand up to your serial loudmouthed bullying rants) which I am not.

Get it right for once.

Al
Al,we've got it right umpteen times in many,many replies to you over the years,I'm now glad you've finally seen the light and changed your mind!
Welcome to the leftwing :lol: :lol: :lol:
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Carlton green wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:17pm ........ Talk about thread drift … :roll: .
I believe it was mentioned but I think we got away with it :wink:
W H Auden
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

reohn2 wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:35pm Al,we've got it right umpteen times in many,many replies to you over the years,I'm now glad you've finally seen the light and changed your mind!
Welcome to the leftwing :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am a floating voter and have voted all ways over the years, and I havent changed my mind at about anything its just that you have wrongly assumed all sorts of things and constantly tried to put false words in my mouth and you are not the only one. As for left wing, you are welcome to the Rayner/Momentum form of politics. I hope we never see it running the UK.

Sorry for thread drift, uplifting comments welcome.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

I wish everyone would keep to the thread title and not bring subjects we know divide us on here.
I've had many a chuckle from this thread but not in the last few days.

Who's going to be the first to post something that makes me laugh? :D
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

al_yrpal wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 8:05pm R2, you make all these statements and slurs without having any clue what I actually think or what I stand for.
I think rail privatisation by Cecil was an utter disaster.
As for the NHS privatisation and my personal experience of it I think that if you are trained here I dont think NHS Consultants and Doctors should be allowed to moonlight in the private sector as many do. That goes for Nursing staff too. As for using private hospitals to deal with peak demands I believe that is undesirable but sometimes necessary

You and Mike are totally off beam and havent a clue because you seem to think I am a Tory (about the only person here who is prepared to stand up to your serial loudmouthed bullying rants) which I am not.

Get it right for once.

Al
Well said Al
I am here. Where are you?
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Quite surprised to find the delivery driver still in my hallway this morning. He delivered a roll of bubble wrap yesterday and I asked him to pop it in the corner
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~