Rail disruption

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Tiggertoo

Rail disruption

Post by Tiggertoo »

I got this in my in-box today: I thought I'd post it in case it affects anyone

We are getting in touch to make you aware of major Network Rail planned engineering works that will be taking place in the Newcastle area and will affect services across our route 1 to 9 October 2022.

There will be significant disruption for an extended nine-day period. Journeys between Newcastle and Edinburgh will be affected during this time, with some services diverted via the West Coast Main Line or by coach replacement, resulting in longer travel times.

LNER services to and from Harrogate, Bradford, Lincoln, Middlesbrough, Thornaby, Hull, Selby, Brough and Sunderland will also be affected. Customers in these areas should use local services to connect with LNER services on the East Coast Main Line.

Following the completion of the work, some services will be amended on Monday 10 October.

Please also be aware that trade union members are planning industrial action on Saturday 1 and Wednesday 5 October 2022. We are reviewing the impact of this proposed action but expect an extremely limited timetable to be in place.

During this period, we are advising customers to check before they travel and ensure they have a  seat reservation  as we are expecting trains to be extremely busy.

These essential works are being carried out by Network Rail to create a more reliable and modern railway. More information is available here. 

Thank you in advance for your patience, we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.