Increasing your post count

Separate forum to permit easy exclusion when searching for serious information !
Slowtwitch

Re: Increasing your post count

Post by Slowtwitch »

38!
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

And 60!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Mick F wrote: 29 Oct 2021, 9:59am :lol:

Seriously though, I was taking the Mickey out of post-counts and how they are meaningless.
Personally, I don't care about it and I don't really understand why the forum has it.

Some fora have "ranks" awarded to people with a certain number of posts, the more you have, the higher ranking you are.

Why have them?
What purpose do they serve?

one purpose is to tell newcomers which posters are regulars, and therefore probably somewhat trusted on the forum.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Trusted?

I could put repeatedly a load of complete drivel on here time and time again.
Perhaps people consider all my posts to be drivel. :lol:

I could post a hundred single sentence posts in replies .......... so long as they were all valid and on-subject.
Mick F. Cornwall
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Mick F wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 9:21pm.......... so long as they were all valid and on-subject.
That would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan
Slowtwitch

Post by Slowtwitch »

:)
camperman83

Post by camperman83 »

Easy when you create post like this haha
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Anyone know what Cycling UKs delivery time is? I've been clicking on New Posts ever since the wind blew my fence down, but they haven't arrived yet.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

How many posts am I on and is it more useful than when you joined? How about a post rate like posts per day or week, although minute might be appropriate with some people!

I like another forum that groups your post count into titles that imply experience or whether you've settled into the forum. Even if you're a trusted contributor. I think that's a kind of automated judgement on your worth to the online community and I think it's not just about post but about likes too.