Fazua software use anyone?

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
whiskywheels

Re: Fazua software use anyone?

Post by whiskywheels »

Great stuff, all done! Updated the firmware on my Fazua Evation system on my Wilier 101X hybrid XT MTB e-bike (catchy and memorable eh?), and after a short 1k test ride it seems a bit smoother, and picks up the pedal cadence earlier. And all without a vistit to a distant Wilier dealer! A bit fiddly removing the USB cover, but once connected it all went smoothly. I could see on the software that it would be straightforward to alter power profiles, but haven't yet tried.
In case it's helpful; the firmware update for Fazua Evation can be done without the pack attached to the bike, then when you re-attach it the remote flashes as it also updates. However, if you want to run the 'diagnosis' function, the pack will need to be attached to the bike to work correctly.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

whiskywheels wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 2:25pm Great stuff, all done! Updated the firmware on my Fazua Evation system on my Wilier 101X hybrid XT MTB e-bike (catchy and memorable eh?), and after a short 1k test ride it seems a bit smoother, and picks up the pedal cadence earlier. And all without a vistit to a distant Wilier dealer! A bit fiddly removing the USB cover, but once connected it all went smoothly. I could see on the software that it would be straightforward to alter power profiles, but haven't yet tried.
In case it's helpful; the firmware update for Fazua Evation can be done without the pack attached to the bike, then when you re-attach it the remote flashes as it also updates. However, if you want to run the 'diagnosis' function, the pack will need to be attached to the bike to work correctly.
It seems that the motor has one set of info/data about this and that but the gearbox (permanently in the BB of a Fazua-equipped bike) has other data. Getting all that available data requires the motor/battery module to be attached to the Fazua gearbox - i.e.to be put into the bike, as you say.

Personally I try to avoid an interest in a lot of the data various cycling gizmos insist we should be interested in, as it detracts form the pleasures of cycling. But it is a handy thing to be able to tweak the e-motor responses, power levels and so forth so that one's bicycle provides the sorts of assistance one feels a need for.

So far I've avoided using anything near the full available power of 250 watts. After all, the idea of many e-bikes that seek to be like non e-bikes is to merely add a bit of power to that of the rider so that leg power losses of various kinds can be compensated for. I would like to have an FTP of 300 watts once more but I'm an olescrote of 73, man!

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
whiskywheels

Post by whiskywheels »

Enjoy. That's what it's about. Over 50 years of road racing, time trialling, mtb racing, audax and other endurance events, touring, and club runs, it was fun, now the e bike takes 30 years off me and I'm having fun again. May the force be with you also. Use the power.