The French Collection

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
The Grange Gardener

The French Collection

Post by The Grange Gardener »

This was my first extended cycle touring venture abroad - I'd waited 67 years to do it - this is my account which some may find helpful/vaguely interesting/mundane/boring - delete those terms that you deem not to be appropriate!
www.backroadsanddetours.blogspot.com
MrsHJ

Re: The French Collection

Post by MrsHJ »

Good for you for doing it. I’ve mainly looked at the lovely photos for now and will come back to a full read later.

Now- what’s the next tour plan! ;)
The Grange Gardener

Post by The Grange Gardener »

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at the blog. I'm not sure what my next venture will be - possibly The Tour De Manche next May/June - Ferry from Poole to Cherbourg, cycle Chebourg to Roscoff, Ferry from Roscoff to Plymouth and then cycle back to Poole. I've got a few things in mind for the UK before that though. C2C , Yorkshire Dales and the West Country Way.
Angstrom

Post by Angstrom »

Thanks for sharing. Interesting reading and congrats for your first tour abroad. Not a small one. Well done; both the tour and the writing.
Last edited by Angstrom on 4 Oct 2022, 11:15am, edited 1 time in total.
"A cycle tourist doesn't have a track record. Simply memories". Jean Taboureau
jack1

Post by jack1 »

Loved your “Blog”congratulations on your tour.Very interesting indeed,I thought how amazingly well you had done on your trip.I have sent you a PM message. :D
evag72

Post by evag72 »

A fascinating read. Thanks for posting. Did you find anything on the road rules of France as it applies to cycling? I had a couple of tries, didn't really find much detail in English and hoped the hire shop or someone would tell me if there was anything important :lol: Most people seemed very relaxed on the roads anyway

Last edited by evag72 on 17 Oct 2022, 6:13am, edited 1 time in total.
Goosey

Post by Goosey »

Did you find anything on the road rules of France as it applies to cycling?
Really, just remember to cycle on the right and don't do anything stupid :)