Ideas for a family tour in Iceland

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
simonineaston

Re: Ideas for a family tour in Iceland

Post by simonineaston »

A cycle journalist & wife, from an earlier generation - Brian Walker was his name, I think - took a pair of pre-production Moultons on a trip to Iceland, backin the early '60s. His lovely sketches make an apperance occasionally in The Moultoneer magazine. I'd love to read all about the trip - he must have submitted column inches for publication, but I've never seen the actual article.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Rob D

Post by Rob D »

I don't know if the OP has been now - big gap in time. As an alternative suggestion, we're just back from our 'Midnight Sun to the Northern Lights' trip. 3 months in the north of Norway, Finland and Sweden. 6 weeks of NO sunset. That might be cool for a 9 year old? So too being north if the arctic circle?
Some main roads can be busy, but endless opportunities on other roads. We went to many islands, too. Most ferries are free. We went on 22. Stunning scenery wherever you look.
pwa

Post by pwa »

MrsHJ wrote: 1 Oct 2022, 10:43am Part 2- the Faroes

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022 ... SApp_Other
I went right off the idea of the Faroes after reading about their enthusiasm for killing dolphins.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58555694
scottg

Post by scottg »

When touring Iceland, bring a pack raft for stream crossings.
Also the car rental agencies have vehicles with fording snorkels,
you want one of those.

Small streams often have fords, not bridges.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Deutsche Luftschiffahrts-AG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++