My new purchase.

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
Cowsham

Re: My new purchase.

Post by Cowsham »

rjb wrote: 29 Sep 2022, 9:28pm Just spotted this locally for sale. What is it about subways. Must have all been assembled by the same person. :shock:

Buy it -- swing the forks around and fit an electric hub in the rear -- they make a great wee ebike
I am here. Where are you?
Barrowman

Post by Barrowman »

Sure I have seen many Halfords Offerings with the same issue ,possibly on this site? :roll:
Isn't Carrera a Halfords brand name (?)
I have stopped at least 2 individual sets of parents passing my house with a child riding their bike with the reverse fork and sorted it out for them.
Couple if mates of mine is a CUK Instructors ( Midlands and Worthing so not just a regional issue, as am I but not active currently) and they say not an uncommon issue when going into schools.
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

rjb wrote: 29 Sep 2022, 9:28pm Just spotted this locally for sale. What is it about subways. Must have all been assembled by the same person. :shock:
Nice. So along with the fork we have downward pointing ‘riser’ bars, brake levers installed as some sort of bar extension and an air brake hanging off the back of the seatpost.
Marty-Mart

Post by Marty-Mart »

Barrowman wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 7:51am Sure I have seen many Halfords Offerings with the same issue ,possibly on this site? :roll:
Isn't Carrera a Halfords brand name (?)
Don't automatically assume it's the Halfords staff at fault - many folk collect new bikes and try and squeeze them into their car, bars getting turned to make it fit as too complicated to remove the wheel. Easy enough then when home that the bars are turned one way and the forks the other, particularly if you don't really know anything about bikes and what the correct set up is.