Calling Edinburgh Cyclists

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Pebble

Calling Edinburgh Cyclists

Post by Pebble »

Anyone know what the surface is cycling round hound point on route 76 ? (the longer way from queensferry to crammond)
DaveReading

Re: Calling Edinburgh Cyclists

Post by DaveReading »

Can't help with the surface, but I'm reminded that the last time I was there we had caught the rowing-boat ferry from Cramond across the river, walked to South Queensferry and got the bus back home.

Must have been late 1970s.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

This write up says definitely not skinny tyres https://clairecycles.wordpress.com/2014 ... eensferry/
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

thanks for that, it will be at the end of a long day so I will give it a miss. was hoping it was at least compacted (28mm tyres but hands are not as good as they once were)
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

From what I remember some is on estate paths, so a bit rough in places
mikeonabike

Post by mikeonabike »

The track round the north of the estate is pretty rough. But there is a way of going through the estate on tarmac: take the road from Dalmeny village, when you come to the B924 carry straight on into the estate and on down to near the big house, turn right and follow the road (not the walking path) past the farm buildings and up the hill. About 500m before you reach the A90 turn right, down and up then right onto the track that will bring you out near Cramond Brig.