Gocycle Gx. Clicking creaking noises from Crank Case

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
ChrisMacGovern

Gocycle Gx. Clicking creaking noises from Crank Case

Post by ChrisMacGovern »

I purchased a Gocycle Gx back just before lockdown. Loved the bike, really loved it, but. It had a constant clicking, scratching noise coming from the crank case whenever you put pressure on the pedals. It sounds as if something inside is slowly working itself apart. It was repaired multiple times over the last few couple of years by Gocycle, but nothing has worked.

Gocycle to be fair replaced it with a practically new version of the same model in July this year (2022). I have been using headphones on my rides. I forgot them last week and discovered that this bike is making exactly the same noises from the crank case. I am not sure what to think. My usage is strictly as a computer rider. No off road or excessive use. I am well within its weight range. I did notice that the frame numbers are very very close and wondered if there was a dud batch. Though Gocycle have never acknowledged such.

I am wondering if anyone else had this problem? It very much spoils an otherwise very very nice bike.

Chris MacGovern.
fivebikes

Re: Gocycle Gx. Clicking creaking noises from Crank Case

Post by fivebikes »

Don’t know that bike but lots of discussions elsewhere about creaking noises from b/b area of bikes. Often the culprit is some flexing where components meet, on other areas of the bike, not just where the noise appears to coming from!
Have a search for “creaking”. Your post comes up first…there are 104 pages of Q&A related to creaks!
Good luck.