HumanCycle CC..Buyers Beware!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
intothefold1985

HumanCycle CC..Buyers Beware!

Post by intothefold1985 »

I ordered a Brompton bag from this site: https://www.humancycle.cc. They took my money and didn't send the bag.
Multiple emails, instant messages, and 4 phone calls to someone named John didn't move things. He blamed Moulton for not sending the bag, even though humancycle.cc is the seller. He promised the to email me back four times to update order status. Never did. Still waiting for my refund, which I don't think I will get. Seriously, during the 4th call today John actually told me that he didn't email me because of a "death" in the family. At this point, I'm not going to bother. I've lost my money so just want to warn others on this forum.

Their website: https://www.humancycle.cc
Registered Office:
2 Oaks Pavilion Mews, London SE19 1QB United Kingdom. 11910733 – "Registered in England and Wales".
Phone: +44 (0)203 002 0808
Jdsk

Re: HumanCycle CC..Buyers Beware!

Post by Jdsk »

Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Thanks intothefold and Jon

Dissolved on the 13th and he's still talking to you on phone today like everything is OK and it's someone else's fault -- some people have a neck on them!

Is that where we are now ? You have to look up companies house before ordering anything?
I am here. Where are you?
PeterJ

Post by PeterJ »

Have you spoken to your bank? You can get them to refund you if you paid by credit card and I believe that some will if you paid by debit card.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... Z2d4z3nT8q

Apologies if you knew this already.
gazza_d

Post by gazza_d »

Website is still up and live.

If you ordered via credit card then speak to card company. Likewise if you used PayPal. Also may be useful to drop local trading standards an email. They are generally stretched to hell, but continuing to trade after company being dissolved should interest them..you'll be losing nothing.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Watching Rip off Britain there now -- this revealed an interesting and disturbing fact.

You need less verification of who you are, to form an entry into companies house records than to take out a library book.

It was about a case of a guy who discovered his name and house address was being used for a fraudulent fake company!
PedallingSquares

Post by PedallingSquares »

Jdsk wrote: 29 Sep 2022, 3:28pm Thankyou
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 15.27.47.png
https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/11910733
Jonathan
Click the link then look into the 'filing history' and 'people' and it looks dodgy from start to finish.
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Cowsham wrote: 6 Oct 2022, 10:02am Watching Rip off Britain there now -- this revealed an interesting and disturbing fact.

You need less verification of who you are, to form an entry into companies house records than to take out a library book.

It was about a case of a guy who discovered his name and house address was being used for a fraudulent fake company!
There was an interesting programme on the BBC a couple of nights ago - money laundering - the Russo/London "laundromat" and how easy it is to set up shell companies - it would appear that numbers of British financiers and politicians have a very cosy relationship with some of the "Oligarchy"
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

ANTONISH wrote: 6 Oct 2022, 10:46am There was an interesting programme on the BBC a couple of nights ago - money laundering - the Russo/London "laundromat" and how easy it is to set up shell companies - it would appear that numbers of British financiers and politicians have a very cosy relationship with some of the "Oligarchy"
Do you mean How to Steal a Trillion?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0017t8k
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

I cheekly sent them an email, asking if they were still trading. They sent me this reply.

Please clarify what gives you the impression we may not be trading.

Thank you.

Best,

MARNIE BROWNE

Customer Happiness Officer
Office: +44 203 002 0808
Email: admin@humancycle.cc
www.humancycle.cc

instagram twitter youtube facebook website

I sent them the screenshot (upthread). I have not heard from them since. Surprised?
Last edited by De Sisti on 8 Oct 2022, 12:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

That's an hilarious job title :D
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

The Happiness Officer. Well she made me laugh. :lol:
rubelahamed

Post by rubelahamed »

Thanks intothefold and Jon

Dissolved on the 13th and he's still talking to you on phone today like everything is OK and it's someone else's fault -- some people have a neck on them!

Is that where we are now ? You have to look up companies house before ordering anything?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

But even that's no good now see above.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

The website still lets you get as far as the checkout, so it looks like they're still taking money.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche