Schwalbe Kojak in 369

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
simonineaston

Schwalbe Kojak in 369

Post by simonineaston »

Rumours are circulating that Schwalbe's '23 catalog omits their Kojak in 369. Having waited, literally, a lifetime to get hold of a Moulton AM, I'm seething...
If any other AM owners know better - or else fancy writing to anyone who you think may have influence, eg MBC / SJS Cycles etc, please feel free.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
cycle tramp

Re: Schwalbe Kojak in 369

Post by cycle tramp »

How much does it cost to crowd fund the production of a new tyre?
Although to be fair, a quick Google of the Web, seems to indicate that there's an amount of tyres available right now.

Following Brucey's comments about maturing tyres, would you be able to by a couple of sets and lay them flat in a warm dark space (under the bed?) until you use them..

..tyre makers aren't stupid and it could be that they think there's enough of this size in stock for them not to gave to produce another batch until 2024 or 2025...
AM7

Post by AM7 »

Aren’t Bridgestone 17” tyres back in production again? I bought a set from Moulton last year. Bit dearer than Kojaks though.

I’m pretty sure that Moulton have publicly committed to ensuring 17” tyres are available.
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Steven the sales manager at MBC replied to my email y'day to reassure me that production of the Kojak continues and that they (MBC) are due to receive a shipment soon.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Just to say that these are now back in stock - certainly at SJS and perhaps elsewhere... panic over !
S